New Florida Cigarette Dealer

Notices

New Florida Cigarette Dealer

Old 11-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Florida Cigarette Dealer

Originally Posted by JM94
This is one of my favorite picture. I personnaly think that it is a shame that ever since Skip took over Cigarette he never gave Tres time of day, NEVER.. the one guy that knows more about Cigarette and proven that over and over, WHY? I don't know. Tres has great passion for what he does, it is in his blood. What happened to Mr. Martin and loosing dealership of Cigarette was bound to happened. Skip wanted us out for what? I don't know..I don't understand it. Mr. Martin was the first Cigarette dealer and it was taken from him and was given to National Marine. Big Mistake that was.....Best of luck Pierre.

Jacky McDaniel
Martin Offshore
Its a shame that there seems to be a certain animosity underlying the surface here concerning Cigarette......I dont know the reason behind Martin losing the dealership, I dont think many people outside of Martin Marine know....I will say that it seems the dealers down here have been a very polarized group....either you like them or you dislike them...there doesnt seem to be a lot of in between...As a second time Cigarette owner here in So. Fla. I have to say that I have been disappointed lately in the service I have recieved as well as the reception I seem to be getting now....its like no one seems to want to deal with you now that the sale is over....however in his defense, Skip has always been very cordial to me during the few times I have talked with him...I cant say the same for a few others that are under him...which is very disappointing to me....I guess when you make a purchase of a quarter of a million dollars, you expect to be treated as a valued customer.....which I am sad to say....I dont presently feel like I am being recognized as such.......
Old 11-05-2004, 11:51 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Rich
It is all about show me the money. I fell the same way are you do.
If you told them you are looking to buy a new boat they are all over you like a rash on a baby ass. But not every Dealer some really love the work there are a real few.
Those are the ones I would go back to.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Registered

Best of luck to HideAway.

The only thing I would say is that you want to deal with a dealer who's employee's other change of clothes is not a BRIGHT ORANGE JUMP SUIT
Old 11-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Registered

Good luck with the new dealership Pierre,

With the cost of Cigarettes sky-rocketing every year I think it will be hard for dealers to keep selling the same amounts of boats. The high end boat market is getting more competitive and consumers have many choices. The dealers that survive need to offer the best service and have knowledgeable personnel to compete for your dollars.

I bought two Cigarettes from the Martin’s and they have always treated me like I was their most important customer. I personally consider service and support from the dealer as important as the product they sell.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The only thing I would say is that you want to deal with a dealer who's employee's other change of clothes is not a BRIGHT ORANGE JUMP SUIT

Now that was funny
Old 11-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Rick,

By the way.dont restore your 20 foot Cig,update it to current graphics,interior,etc.