Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Show us your "average" boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/89909-show-us-your-average-boat.html)

martiniboat 11-10-2004 05:35 AM

Re: Show us your "average" boat

I love the classic lines on your Avanti!

Brian

Manos 11-10-2004 05:46 AM

Phantom your boat looks great. Would it be possible to take a photo of the hull underneath please?
Why I'm asking? .............. is because our RIB's hull (as far as we understand from the manufacturers) is based on a Phantom 21 or 23 can't remember.
The hull starts deep and ends flat at 18 deg and at the end to wards the transom has a very strange looking short of step in the middle (I call it a chimney since it looks like one) that apparently makes it go like lightning.
The recreational RIB only weighs total 600-700kgs (1300-1500lbs about) and the racing boat about 500 kgs (1100lbs).

NJgr8ful 11-10-2004 08:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
BSR .. cool thread I (thought) could finally 'fit' into! :D Until some of the OLs and CIGs popped in. :eek: :eek: J/K, like some others said AVERAGE is a relative term ... hopefully I will be on the otherside of average and appreciate that phrase someday soon.

Until then, my entry that sqweaked into that AVG category ... 30' Villain.

PS Love that Magnum!

tamburello 11-10-2004 05:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'll second DOTHEMATH with my average Donzi 18 Classic. I kinda envy you guys with the big offshore rides when the waves kick up, but I love my litte pocket rocket on glass and 1-2 foot chop.

- Jeff

Pure Energy 11-10-2004 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll throw one in

Waterfoul 11-11-2004 08:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is rambunctious here logged on at waterfoul's cause I'm so average , I don't even have a paid membership :D

tamburello. i saw you and another donzi buddy jsut out of holland. we ran with you for a while watching you guys sky out of the waves that day :eek:

Ramb

LEOPAJM 11-11-2004 09:25 AM

Thats a great shot of the Formula !!!!

NICE Donzi too !!!

JM

kmiller 11-11-2004 10:02 AM

Here is my average/ first boat. 1990 26' Scarab CV. I have put around 25-30 hours of work into it, and have only used it about 30mins sence I bought it 10 months ago. Thanks to rotted transom and engine problems. Next year will be better!!!! Looks like the only SMALL BLOCK POWERED BOAT on this thread, average around here is 454-560ci...... LOL

captwk 11-11-2004 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by THATS IT
Heres ours......Just winterized and put away for the winter...A SAD DAY!

Whos Sonic is that next to yours?

tssteph 11-11-2004 12:18 PM

kmiller, Transom work looks awesome. Mine is a small block boat also, but there happens to be two of them...