If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hd / Tivo

houston tx

Re: Hd / Tivo

Whats the upside/down side of DirecttV / vs cable ?

Do the channels change fast ? I have everthing with time warner/phone/internet etc.

Hate to change, but want an hd tivo, for my new tv

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA

Re: Hd / Tivo

There really are no downsides as long as you do not mind the dish on the side of the house. I suggest NOT using Direct tv's "free" service to do the install, I would hire a qualified person to do the install and pay for it. If the dish is properly installed you should have ZERO drop outs. Especially were you are with the sat almost right over you, trees and such should be no issue.
    You will need to get your internet and phone still through cable or DSL.

Plus sides are all channels are digital. Yes the channels change as fast or faster then Cables digital channels. Not sure about your area but Sat is MUCH cheaper then Cable for us, and if you have more then one house you can save big time (I would have to pm you that info however). If you hire a guy to do the install then you can actually make a apointment with them. Like hey I am having a issue can you stop by at say 8am...... Were as Cable (or sat if you have the freebee install done) it is like ok we will be there btwn 8 and 4 so please make sure you are home...... Hope that helps. If you talk to most guys that do what I do for a living you will find that most of us have Sat. units.

Put your best foot forward!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12