Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is This Guy A Fraud?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90014-guy-fraud.html)

bouyhunter 11-09-2004 04:57 PM

Re: Is This Guy A Fraud??

Manos,
I'm glad to hear you're getting your items.
I have some horror stories from int'l shipping of Haz/Mat goods...
Once a month I ship 3 gallons of a special resin that I mix at our site to our facility in Portugal ( one of the components is not allowed into Europe in the raw form but is more stable when mixed with the others). The resin is mixed and put into containers. It then leaves our site by courier to a Int'l Haz/Mat packaging Co. Then is transported to our local exporter. It then Fly's to Chicago for Documentation. It leaves Chicago and fly's to France (because it can only be brought into Portugal by truck, not air). It's then trucked into Portugal, and I think Luis and Jaun pick it up in their mule driven wagon to get it to the actual Labratory in Portugal. Oh, by the way, it had to go through Customs a few times during this exchange.
It's nearly a month long process for this shipment.
We once shut down the facilty in Portugal because of a shipping problem as well as the fact I signed the documents in Black ink instead of Blue (Black is reproducable by copy).
Unfortunately - I began preparing the shipment today so that I can make the shipment before I leave for Key west - If anything goes wrong this time...

Just glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

Manos 11-10-2004 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
..............It's nearly a month long process for this shipment.
..............Unfortunately - I began preparing the shipment today so that I can make the shipment before I leave for Key west - If anything goes wrong this time...
Just glad to hear that everything is working out for you.

It sounds very complicated. Good luck this time. Key West OSO PArty sounds great. Is uinfortunate that we are just too far away from the US.
Thanks, all has been shorted.

mcollinstn 11-10-2004 08:29 AM

I just caught wind of this thread. Sorry it took me so long.
MtJuliet, TN is only 20 miles out of my way. I would be happy to drop by that address and beat on doors, show copies of this thread, and otherwise cause them some hassle. BUT it sounds like it has been resolved.

SEMA is Huuuuuuge. Several of my guys just flew back in late Monday night from it. Doesn't excuse the lack of response or why your package didn't go out before they left for the show. But glad you got it resolved.

Your choice if you want to deal with them again. If their prices are cheap, then you may want to give it a try again. If you do, and have any concerns, let me know cause they are close enough for me to drive over there.

(I've never heard of them until now, though)
mc

Manos 11-10-2004 08:38 AM

WOW Thanks MC. They are cheap. Actually this is the reason I ordered from them, because they were cheaper than others.
Now I know there is someone willing to give them a buzz in case something's gone wrong will definitely get another jack plate from them.
Cheers ;)

PS Incidently has any one heard of these guys before?

http://www.stainlessmarine.com/jack.html

The jacks that they are selling are quite expenssive but from what some mates tell me because they are SS from top to bottom they last longer in racing. Any thoughts?

MadMat 11-10-2004 08:48 AM

Cookee already answered that question for you on rib.net a month ago.

The lifters from Stainless Marine are aluminium - Stainless Marine is the name of the company!
:eureka:

Manos 11-10-2004 08:50 AM

I know MadMat but since his broke and it was made by SS I am checking for a 2nd opinion. These systems cost over $2K and an aluminium is abvout $600. So just making sure thatif I'm to spend over $2K I make the right decision. Is that wrong?

Manos 11-17-2004 05:42 AM

If you are interested to know what happened parts were all delivered to me today!!
HURAHHHHH! :D

Manos 01-29-2005 05:08 AM

Tantrum do you know when Mr Michael Pewitt of MIDTNMARINE will be sending me these spares I've ordered since Dec 2004??? and also the next lot that he promissed it would be leaving your place yesterday???
You say:

At MidTnMarine we are committed to be the #1 supplier of marine parts
UNQUOTE

and my question to you is: which supplier of marine parts takes money from a credit card in December 2004 and does not send them where he suppose to a month later??

I am seriously getting P...OFF with you lot and before I take any other action I need a reply TODAY to the emails I have sent and the message I left in your answering machine!!!

Audiofn 01-29-2005 06:41 AM

Man this still has not been settled? I would just cansel the charge and be done with this clown. That sucks, I hate people like that.

Jon

hugetime1 01-29-2005 06:49 AM

there is a phone # on the site, why don't you call tham