Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Is paypal 100% safe?????? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90050-paypal-100%25-safe.html)

rchevelle71 11-07-2004 07:20 PM

Is paypal 100% safe??????

Sold my Wellcraft on Ebay, problem is, the guy is in Netherlands. I want him to pay by paypal even thogh I will have to pay the fees. Question is, once the funds are in my paypal, and I transfer them to my savings/checking account, am I 100% safe, or can something still bounce???

Thanks for your input.

Rick

robyw1 11-07-2004 07:43 PM

Re: Is paypal 100% safe??????

Read up on pay-pal's policy I think they stated something about this but I can't remember exactly what it said. I have never had a problem with them. I think that once Pay-Pal gets approval then the funds will go into your account. (pay-pal account) then you can do a transfer from there or let it draw interest.

Roby

CAP071 11-07-2004 07:47 PM

wait he is in the Netherlands? Have you spoken to this buyer on the phone ? :rolleyes:

rchevelle71 11-07-2004 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
wait he is in the Netherlands? Have you spoken to this buyer on the phone ? :rolleyes:

No, Why???

I did check their feedback, and they have 100% feedback, including buying a car, and some small items, (girls stuff :rolleyes: ), other than that, stuff was 6 months out, and I couldnt see what it was. The person seems sincere, with the questions they asked, about how usable the trailer was, cabin pics, etc. Thing that sucks is, there were 3 other people wanting to "Buy it Now", and they were in the US, but they waited too long, someone met the minimum bid, and I guess this person panicked, and hit the "buy it Now", so I am stuck dealing with this, wondering if it will be any good?? I would think once paypal clears it, and allows me to transfer out of paypal account, and into My parsonal accounts, it should be good to go??

CAP071 11-07-2004 08:02 PM

How much is shipping to get it there ?

CAP071 11-07-2004 08:02 PM

Hi-Perf 2000 on here was looking at a ducati motorcycle over there to buy on e-bay turned out to be a scam

Ron P 11-07-2004 08:06 PM

Just watch out if he wants to send you a check for too much money and then have you send him (or his friend) the change.

The original check will take a month to bounce and your check to his friend for "the change" will be cashed.

CAP071 11-07-2004 08:10 PM

That's exactly what's been happening and I heard it's Ron's brother doing it.

No but serious he is right. That has happened before from time to time

Panic Button 11-07-2004 08:16 PM

Watch out. I had a guy who stiffed me for over $3000. on ebay and I used PayPal. After he didn't send the items, I filed with Pay Pal and my bank. I got my money back but it took 3 months, the guy closed his account and some how PP retrieved the cash back. Be very careful with these guys from over seas, they use good account to sell or buy high $$ goods. Those fools who answer the email that says ebay wants you to verify info so you account isn't closed, they hijack it, use other's account and you get screwed.

rchevelle71 11-07-2004 08:27 PM

Forget the check, thats not happenin' if he wants to send a check, the boat gets sold to the next bidder, I already have his info. I believe I can do this, and not get hit by ebay, because the ad said it only shipped to USA, but this guy hit the Buy it Now, and killed it. All I want to know is, once he deposits the $$$, and I move it out of paypal, can he get it back??? I will wait a while to ship the boat, and I am not falling for the "oops I sent too much, please send the difference back" deal.