Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   who makes the best vinyl conditioner / protectant? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90084-who-makes-best-vinyl-conditioner-protectant.html)

THRILLSEEKER 11-08-2004 10:02 AM

who makes the best vinyl conditioner / protectant?

The upholstry in my jetboat is starting to get a little stiff and sunbaked........any sugestions?

mikev 11-08-2004 10:04 AM

Re: who makes the best vinyl conditioner / protectant?

303 protectant you can get it at west marine or overtons. awsome stuff also works good on faded gelcoat.

Interceptor 11-08-2004 10:56 AM

I just had all my vinyl upolstered cushion re-done and the fabricator suggested using nothing other than mink-oil to keep them soft.
Now get this, for cleaning them he said to use mineral spirits and stay away from anything containing any amount of bleach. Has anyone here ever used mineral spirit to clean vinyl ?
The guy is reputable and does both boats and custom car interiors, convertable tops etc.. so I think he knows what he using and recommends.

ed

45sonic 11-08-2004 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by mikev
303 protectant you can get it at west marine or overtons. awsome stuff also works good on faded gelcoat.

Second that one:D:D

Minx20 11-08-2004 12:22 PM

Never heard the mineral spirts idea, but one thing that I do not recommend is ArmorAll, it seems to speed up the yellowing and aging on vinyl.

E.S.

Jamie B. 11-08-2004 01:13 PM

I bought some of the Frenzy stuff, but havent used it yet. Suppose to be good stuff.

Summer Heat 11-08-2004 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by mikev

Third that one... great stuff

berns29scarab 11-08-2004 02:18 PM

armour all is the worst...contains alcohol dries everything out, i use all meguiars products and have never had a problem.

frenzy 11-08-2004 03:07 PM

Our Frenzy! Vinyl Protectant outlasts any that we've tried (including 303 and Meguiar's). It's designed to lock in the material's natural plasticizers while allowing it to breathe. Smells great, too!

Rippem 11-08-2004 03:26 PM

it's the silicones in armor all that are the devil. 303 here or Mequires cleaner/conditioner