Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Miami Vice update

Entertainment
11/09/2004 18:48:18 EST AMY SANCETTA/AP Photo
Colin Farrell May Star in 'Miami Vice'
By ANTHONY BREZNICAN
AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES - Colin Farrell says he's not bonded to Bond, but thinks it would be nice to star in "Miami Vice." The star of the upcoming historical epic "Alexander" said he's had no talks with producers to replace Pierce Brosnan as the superspy James Bond in a new 007 movie, and laughed at the idea of sporting the legendary tuxedo.
Brosnan, 51, who has played Bond in the last four 007 films, says Farrell would be his ideal successor.

"I'll give it to Colin Farrell. He'll eat the head off them all," Brosnan said following a recent entertainment awards ceremony in Dublin, Ireland.

But Farrell, saying that everyone keeps asking him about Brosnan's endorsement, says, "I never heard a thing. He probably wants 10 percent!"

While he nixed Bond, the 28-year-old actor confirmed that he's considering stepping into the role of police Detective Sonny Crockett for a movie version of the '80s TV drama "Miami Vice."

Farrell would play the part originated by Don Johnson. Jamie Foxx is negotiating to co-star as his Crockett's partner, Ricardo Tubbs, played by Philip Michael Thomas in the TV series.

Michael Mann, the director of "Collateral," "Heat" and "The Insider" and the executive producer of the "Miami Vice" TV series, is developing the story, which Farrell said wouldn't go the comedy route, like the films inspired by "Dragnet" and "Starsky & Hutch."

It's not a comedy at all. It's cool," said Farrell in an interview. "Michael Mann wrote it and when he writes it's good and it goes pretty deep."

Farrell said he wasn't sure whether his Crockett would have the three-day growth of beard that Johnson turned into an '80s fashion statement, but he would definitely have an updated wardrobe.

"I don't think I'll be wearing a silver shiny suit," he said.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Miami Vice update

two threads going...
Old 11-10-2004, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Miami Vice update

Damn I Didn't See The Other 1 Sorry