If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT

Drill ANWR Finally

I hope he makes swiss cheese out of that desolate place and our gas prices goes down!!!

My Boats:
    boats boats boats etc.
    Eaton Rapids, Mi , USA

Re: Drill ANWR Finally

Its about time..

Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    1998 Hustler Slingshot

I love the way the national media always show ANWR with pristine, snow capped mountains wheras the drill site is a mosquito infested tidal plane (bog) that would be worked only in the winter. It can't be more than 400 miles down the coast from Prudhoe Bay where we've pumped oil for 35 years. The old pipeline even survived some recent earthquakes. Unfortunately the environmentalists consider ANWAR their Holy Grail. The Teamsters supported Bush in 2000 after Cheney met with them and told them about all the jobs (VERY high paying) it would create to build the pipeline and drill site. ANWR is huge. the drill site is less than 1% of it. One analogy I heard was that if you put a penny on your typical dining room table, you'd get the idea. This country desparately needs a comprehensive energy policy- conservation, nuclear, clean coal,etc. Even France and Japan with it's almost daily earthquakes resort to nuclear. But we'd rather sent literally trillions of dollars to Saudia Arabia, Russia,Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, etc and then complain about balance of trade, lack of jobs and why all these countries hate us. Let me know if you want me to tell you how I really feel!

Charter Member Charter Member Dean Ferry's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 Hustler 388, 2004 Hustler Talon 25, 1999 30 Spectre cat and 2007 21' hydrostream voyager w/ Merc. 225 EFI
    Merritt Is. Fl. USA

You speck the truth brotha'