Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A new addition! 60,000 pounds of airborne fun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90233-new-addition-60-000-pounds-airborne-fun.html)

Tonto 11-10-2004 11:06 PM

Re: A new addition! 60,000 pounds of airborne fun

Spit,
Thanks. I'm not real sure on the ride, but DAMN it is one gorgeous boat. As are all the "Carolina Customs" that I have looked at. A friend used to crew on the "FIGHTING LADY" out of Oregon Inlet and we used to go look at the boats under construction in peoples back yard in a barn. I think that is the same way that Davis Yachts got started. What was real funny was to see the scars in the barn doors where they had to "open up" the door to get the bigger and bigger boats out each year. Last boat I saw/was on is "Hog Wild", in fact we were the first ones to put blood in the fishbox.

Dave,
I don't mean to take away from your joy :D . The Bertram is one gorgeous a$$ boat also. Again, congradulations.

Robert

Buca 11-10-2004 11:10 PM

DJD, since the family you need somewhere to change the diapers. That God I use my finger to help. Are you going to Key West??????? Or can I use the boat to sleep on. Give me a call I'm in FLorida.

Buca 11-10-2004 11:13 PM

Sorry, I almost forgot - that boat is out just about as far as your old Cig

SteveDavid 11-11-2004 01:03 AM

Dave, congrats on the boat, and your new baby!!!!
We can relate to your move, we just took delivery on our 54' Sea Ray and will be taking her on a shakedown to KW for race week. We'll either be at Oceanside or Galleon if you do make it down last minute. Have a stateroom waiting for you.

Enjoy that Bertram, they are teriffic boats. Battlewagons no matter the sea conditions.

Stay well,

Steve and Sabrina

Shane 11-11-2004 06:28 AM

Beautiful boat Dave. Best wishes for many safe years of use.

Audiofn 11-11-2004 06:41 AM

Dave there is something about putting a boat that large up in the air that is both unsettling and very cool at the same time. I have a customer that is having a Wittier/witacer? (sp) built that will be capable of the low 50's!!!! All that and comfort of home. I took a ride in another customers Ocean 60 something footer and we launched it while being up in the towner what a rush.

Jon

ONESICKGLADIATOR 11-11-2004 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Robert....I think you should know that the boat you describe is the very boat that Rick uses for his fishing excursions...... :D :D :eek:

Hey Rich
Our little baby is already down in her slip at Bahia Mar same one as last year

Robert
Carolina boat have a lot of flair to them :D :drink:

Rick OSG

DJD 11-11-2004 09:18 AM

Hey everyone.
Thanks for all your kind words :D
Tonto, yes I did hear of your nuptuals & posted congrats to you but I know the thread was very long & you probably missed a few.
Buddy Davis is #2 on my list of favorites. My ultimate would be a Ricky Scarborough (sp?), another custom carolina builder
Steve D, Congrats on your new vessel!! I know you will have a ball with it!
BUCA, I bet with the right conditions, I can air out the props :eek:
I still have the 42 Post if anyone wants a nice boat for a cheap price.
Rick, the boat is going to sit in PA for the winter, with the new baby due any minute, my traveling is going to be extremely limited this winter.

Key West? read the previous sentence & ask yourself if you think there is any way I could possibly pull a hall pass LOL

DJD 11-11-2004 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ONESICKGLADIATOR
Hey Rich
Our little baby is already down in her slip at Bahia Mar same one as last year

Robert
Carolina boat have a lot of flair to them :D :drink:

Rick OSG

Rick, when the hell did you pick up a gladiator?? CONGRATS :drink: :drink:

LOBSTERBOY 11-11-2004 10:10 AM

Hey what is up with all these "OLD GUYS" on here ? :rolleyes: