Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   8 " Marine Speakers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90266-8-marine-speakers.html)

Wardey 11-11-2004 06:36 AM

8 " Marine Speakers

I need a set of round speakers to fit in a 8" area that can handle some power. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dave

Audiofn 11-11-2004 06:43 AM

Re: 8 " Marine Speakers

are you talking about the cut out is 8"?

Jon

Wardey 11-11-2004 07:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Jon, This is what I have. The entier area will allow an max. 8 " Speaker. Thanks, Dave

Doller Offshore 11-11-2004 08:02 AM

Give us a call, We are a dealer for Audiobaun, Fusion, Bazooka and others thru UX Audio, I am sure we can help. 800-376-1616.

Strip Poker 388 11-11-2004 08:22 AM

The Babb calls it a 10 but I think the cut out measures 8 1/4. I put these in mine ,nice speakers.

Is that a cup holder on the bottom? :D

RJ1340 11-11-2004 07:39 PM

Pioneer has an awesome new 8" speaker out

Audiofn 11-11-2004 08:15 PM

Ok so the MAX diameter is 8" as I understand what you are saying. Then you will be about maxed out with a 6.5" quality speaker. There are lots to choose from in this catagory. With a set up like that you can easily go with a component set up. Getting the tweeter of the the way of the mid helps allow you to better tune the speakers for the environment. Clarion makes a decent set up that does not cost a hole lot and sounds real good. I am installing AVI's in my boat. They are not "marine" speakers but they are made with the same stuff and just need to be painted to match. Polk Audio MOMO's I have to say I think would be perfect for what you are doing as they will match your paint scheme of red white and yellow and they also sound great. Hope that helps ya out some.

Jon

Wardey 11-11-2004 09:20 PM

I picked up a set of Plat Series Poly-Planar 6.5's, (3MA 6600's) , that are supose to handle 200 watts or 400 watts per pair. I have never used the Poly's but any input on them ????? Thanks, Dave

Audiofn 11-11-2004 09:31 PM

I am not sure but it does not look like the plates will fit in there. Did they give you dimensions on them?

Jon

Strip Poker 388 11-12-2004 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wardey
I picked up a set of Plat Series Poly-Planar 6.5's, (3MA 6600's) , that are supose to handle 200 watts or 400 watts per pair. I have never used the Poly's but any input on them ????? Thanks, Dave

The 6.5 is what came with my Hustler. I had a problem with the tweeters going out . They have a 2 year warranty and they have standed up behind them so far.The speakers where just bland sounding. I replaced them with the MB Quarts. A lot better sounding!! :D real close to the same price.

Warning!!The poly planars do NOT have a standard size cut out so if you cut the hole for them no other speaker 6 1/2 will fit in the old hole :( .They are larger than the regular 6 1/2's.they are the only one that has a oddball hole size.

I had some one give me 4 new Sony marine speakers . they looked well built . I am putting them in my car trailer.I am also a Pioneer dealer and I still bought the MB Quarts.

Rob