Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ALRIGHT EVERYONE, I desprately need you help on this one...plz read (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90423-alright-everyone-i-desprately-need-you-help-one-plz-read.html)

mobilecal 11-14-2004 12:06 AM

Re: ALRIGHT EVERYONE, I desprately need you help on this one...plz read

Maybe the dealer took it for a ride, and blamed it on the key...

HEY, if I run the boat in reverse, will it rewind the hour meter??? :p

mobilecal 11-14-2004 12:30 AM

ttt

open87 11-14-2004 06:02 AM

did you get or getting a survey?? 25 and then wind up another 10 or 15 more ( that can happen)there are alot of boats for sale in the 30 to 45 or so range that need little or no work. tough call. pics????

Pure Energy 11-14-2004 06:30 AM

If you do not know what to look for then hire a surveyer to check the boat. At the least maybe a local OSO member can come and look to give further advice. If you can't do either then pass on the boat. Don't let a pretty exterior fool you!!!! Nobody here can give you the proper advice without seeing the boat, except to have someone who knows what they are doing to look at it for you.

There are alot of good boats out there, don't jump on the first one that comes along. I did and now have put the same amount into repairs as I paid for it!!!!!

Dave M 11-14-2004 06:51 AM

Listen to Pure Energy's advice. Another thing, Baja Outlaws are pretty common boats. If that is the boat you really like, you can probably find many to chose from. There are probably a few for sale right on this site.

Dave M.

LEOPAJM 11-14-2004 07:16 AM

ABSOLUTELY Dude ... GET A SURVEY .... you won't be sorry .... you may not like what they tell you about the boat , but that's better then finding unknown problems once it's YOURS :eek:

Don't let the excitement cloud your judgement , sound like there's been some abuse there ... Good Luck !

JM

Playn 11-14-2004 07:37 AM

Get a survey done or at the very least have a competent mechanic go thru the boat for you. Spend a few hundred bucks now so you have a good idea what your getting into.

TEAMBAJA 11-14-2004 07:39 AM

Have a dealer drop a DDT on the engine. That will tell you exactly how many hours are on it.

mobilecal 11-14-2004 04:16 PM

I posted a new thread about my day on the boat.. Not a good day.. Long story short, blew the engine and almost sank the boat.... So how much is this boat worth??? 10K?? needs eng and drive :eek:

SLINGSHOT 11-14-2004 06:22 PM

i dont what you want to spend but i have a loaded 25 outlaw 496 ho mag 2003 120 hrs mint $54k