Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Let Me Tell You About My Stinkin Day!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90455-let-me-tell-you-about-my-stinkin-day.html)

Reed Jensen 11-14-2004 08:09 PM

Re: Let Me Tell You About My Stinkin Day!!!!!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Things could have been worse... This was in the San Pedro Channel yesterday............ :eek:

NJgr8ful 11-14-2004 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Things could have been worse... This was in the San Pedro Channel yesterday............ :eek:

Little unexpected lightning in the area????! :eek: :eek:

Reed Jensen 11-14-2004 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
Little unexpected lightning in the area????! :eek: :eek:

Nope.... gas leak and then an explosion... seems it toasted one passenger and then blasted him onto the bow... everyone got off ok.... but the boat sank in 2440 feet of water... Total loss.... :eek:

Reed Jensen 11-14-2004 08:20 PM

How's that for some crispy hair?............ :eek:

NJgr8ful 11-14-2004 08:22 PM

Holy Cow! :eek: :eek: I can smell that just from looking at that pic ... it reaks .. burnt hair, that is! :D :eek: :( His neck looks xtra crispy too ...

Glad eveyone is OK!!

Reed Jensen 11-14-2004 08:25 PM

Luckily there were other boats in the group... they got picked up right away.. Good thing since none of them had preservers on........... :eek:

L9X25 11-14-2004 08:31 PM

What kind of boat was that??

Reed Jensen 11-14-2004 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by L9X25
What kind of boat was that??

Kachina Force 26.

jmeng 11-14-2004 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by mobilecal
well here is what I was thinking...... Offer the bank 10K, (repo boat) get a loan for 30K and that gives me 20K to put back into the boat... #1 priority.....496HO brand spankin shiny new out of the crate.... and another 10K for additional repairs and paint job.;........end result...... NEW BOAT IN 6 MONTHS...

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK HONESTLY

I wouldn't touch this boat with a 10ft pole. I think you'll end up sinking a ton of money into a boat that's been abused and will probably spend more time chasing problems than enjoying the boat. My advice would be to go buy a clean, well taken care of, turn key boat. Don't limit yourself to whats around here. There are a ton of 25 Outlaws on boattrader. Start calling on the ones that look interesting and when you have it narrowed down go take some road trips to look at them. This boat looks like another JayL13 saga in the making.

Which Active Thunder is your friends? The 28 that stays on Diversion?

US1 Fountain 11-14-2004 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by mobilecal
I did run it on the trailer for about 10 mins before I ever left.

Did you run it with or without ear muffs?