Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MD/VA/DC boaters - shrink wrap (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90490-md-va-dc-boaters-shrink-wrap.html)

45sonic 11-15-2004 11:43 AM

MD/VA/DC boaters - shrink wrap

Anyone need their boat shrink wrapped for the winter?

We have all the materials needed.

Will give great OSO price.

PM us.

Bill and Patti

45sonic 11-17-2004 12:04 PM

Re: MD/VA/DC boaters - shrink wrap

ttt

OldSchool 11-18-2004 07:05 AM

ttt :)

Thanks for the offer, but my baby stays indoors. ;) :drink:

45sonic 11-18-2004 11:10 AM

Your welcome. Some of us aren't lucky enough to have a garage for our massive beasts. :rolleyes:

Is winter over yet?? :eek:

boot 11-18-2004 03:30 PM

People think that these guys want to much money for shrink wrap....

Let me tell you , IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY !!

Tarps SUCK , & boat covers don't work well after a year or 2 .

I bought all the stuff to do it a few years ago and was doing shrink wrapping ......

THAT JOB SUCKS !! It is a LOT of work ! :( I will not do it anymore for ANYONE ! I hate doing it ! My hat is off to you guys that do it . You have more patients then I do ! And it is worth every penny you ask for it ! Next to a garage , shrink wrap is the only thing going to keep your boat nice !

A note to anyone thinking of buying the stuff and doing it themself, DON'T ! Let someone else do it ,it's worth it ! Joe

boot 11-18-2004 03:34 PM

It's really fun when you go past the fuel tank vent with the giant flame from the heat torch ! :eek:

Semper Fi 11-18-2004 05:07 PM

If I lived on the East Coast, I would definately shrink wrap my boat unless I had indoor storage. It is definately worth it.

45sonic 11-19-2004 08:02 AM

Thanks, boot.

We did our little boat (14') last weekend and I didn't think it was all that bad. The prep work is the hardest part. If the weather cooperates this weekend, we will be shrink wrapping our 47' Fountain and a friend's 288 Sunsation (and winterizing).

Going rate is anywhere from $11-18 per foot. We will do it for $8 /foot.

What are friends for?? :drink:

mopower 11-19-2004 02:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Be doin mine for years. Put up a wooden frame and a zippered door in the back and you can work on it over the winter too. Two years ago I redid my whole dash and some upholstery over the winter. Sunny day in the 30's and you can work in just a flannel shirt and jeans in comfort.

Sydwayz 11-19-2004 02:27 PM

Hey B & P, is your shop in Rockville, big enough to get most of Monsoon into for some 'upgrades', and get us out of the weather?