Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   PHANTOM POWERBOATS made in Malta?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90549-phantom-powerboats-made-malta.html)

Chaudron 11-28-2004 03:49 PM

Re: PHANTOM POWERBOATS made in Malta??

I may be biased as i own a Chaudron 33 with twin Merc 300x, but it is one hell of a boat, eats up the rough water. The 300x are beasts.

Chaudron 11-28-2004 03:55 PM

plus Charles at Chaudron and Aaron his son are two of the nicest guys you could meet and they take great pride in their product which is of awesome quality

bsmith 07-27-2005 03:18 AM

I own a Chaudron 25. I always loved the look of Phantoms when I was a kid, and my boat looks very similar on the outside, but much more modern on the inside. It even has a small cabin up front. I am overjoyed with it. It is one of the fastest and best looking boats in the bay where I live. I cannot recommend this manufacturer highly enough.

kinfast9 10-31-2005 06:44 PM

Owned 2 Chaudrons from new...

25 with merc 225 optimax
currently have...
33 with twin merc 225 optimax

Based near Brighton.

Both boats fantastic, real fast, excellent in rough.

33 is definitely not a splashed phantom, seen plug + have compared phantom 28 hull & deck in detail...totally different

Want a ride? email me.

PhantomChaos 10-31-2005 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Manos
Hi guys,

Just found this site

http://www.chaudron-powerboats.com/index2.htm

I am interested on the boats. Has any one heard anything about this company?
Any info much appreciated. Thanks

I get nothing but pop ups and no site........

georges 10-31-2005 10:54 PM

Will has NOTHING to do with this company! :evilb:

PhantomChaos 11-01-2005 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by georges
Will has NOTHING to do with this company! :evilb:

Who is Will? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

rouxsterre 11-01-2005 12:40 AM

Smith . . . the Phantom ( USA ) guy . . .

rouxsterre 11-01-2005 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
I get nothing but pop ups and no site........

First off - switch to Firefox.

Second-off - the Chaudron site aint worth sh*t anyway. . . .
The Chaudron boats are ugly as a mud fence. If they ARE in fact, a pop, they did Phantom ( USA ) no favors. . . if they ARE a pop, AND are true to the lay-up, then you can rest assured that they run in the rough. . . .

MadMat 11-01-2005 03:41 AM

Phantom (in this context) was a UK company owned by Steve Baker, who designed and built boats in the UK from sometime in the 70's, until I think about 2000. They are completely unrelated Phantom in the US.
Chaudron, Raffshore and a number of other european laminators splashed various Phantom designs, and in some instances made minor cosmetic changes in order to pass off the designs as their own. In every instance, design details from the original phantom molds have been reproduced allowing the history of the designs to be reliably traced.
Sadly, Chaudron, Raffshore and various other splashers were contributors to Mr Baker hanging up his boots and retiring - with the splashers knocking out cheap substandard copies, and having none of the upfront design, development & tooling costs, the writing was always on the wall.

Having taken some time to compare Chaudron's 33 "flagship", this is clearly a splash of the Phantom 28 hull which they have stretched, and done a cut and shut job on the deck including a modification of the wind deflector. In fact, the only bit of the boat that is their own design is the windshield, but I guess that might have been splashed from something else too!

Let's ask T2X his opinion of splashing - the cobra 36 being a case in point.