Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Travis is flooding (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90650-lake-travis-flooding.html)

perfboat 11-18-2004 10:37 AM

Re: Lake Travis is flooding

105mph 38 2003, I do live on Lake Conroe, but as far as I know none of my close neighbors have performance boats. I have lived in seven coves for about a year now. It is possible that one of the people on the other side of the cove has a Baja. I have seen a few in the marina. My Scarab has purple and teal graphics down the side and I go over to papas a few times a week. Drop me a line sometime; new friends on the lake are always nice. So far I dont know too many people around the area.

masher44 11-18-2004 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Clay
Iam across from the power plaint between DCB and Blue water shores. My house is small but there is a big building in my front yard that you can see from the lake. I have a dock but no lifts,I hit something under the water my second time out I need some one to show me were it is safe to drive

1988 35' Cigarettie
1991 11' cat
1987 21' SeaRay
2004 10' row boat

No problem.... I know right where youre at. Yes the lake is very tricky in spots. We have run it often and no probs so far. I am still on the lake this year and will most likely head out a couple more time before X Mas. I take it you didnt hit the stump with the 04 10' rowboat :D
I do OK with the navigation but I am a little shy about heading too far north, we usually end up at the dam floating...
I am not on a lift either so it is a bit of a pain in the butt to lug her in and out when we go out. I will get in touch when and if we get a good day to buzz around. It is pretty quiet on this lake but there is only one way to change that....
Jim

Clay 11-19-2004 11:32 AM

masher44

If you go out this weekend and have room call me at 817-996-2223 I will buy lunch or a drink or two Later Clay

masher44 11-19-2004 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Clay
masher44

If you go out this weekend and have room call me at 817-999-4545 I will buy lunch or a drink or two Later Clay

I will give you a buzz... I usually work weekends :mad: and head out on Wed or Fri. I will let you know. Jim

105mph_38_2003 12-05-2004 04:44 PM

perfboat, Gottahaveit! live in Cape Conroe right across from Del Lago. He has the house right next to the boat ramp and you will see his Baja in his boathouse. On the otherside of the ramp is a 29' Scarab with twin SB I think....And there is a 42' Tiger w/900 sc's closer towards the main lake. If you ever see a 25' Baja Outlaw with yellow/purple graphics with "Gotta have it!" on the back chase him down introduce yourself.....

perfboat 12-06-2004 09:44 AM

105 mph 38 , Hey thanks for the info. I'll introduce myself if I see him. I live on the other side of the lake from Cape Conroe, but thats no problem. My Scarab is a single 502, mostly stock right now. There are some real sweet boats on the lake; and I'm starting to meet some people now that I've looked into joining TOPPS. So far the water is back to normal height making it alot eaiser to get the boat out. Take care