Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do You Know This Boat? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90655-do-you-know-boat.html)

Comanche3Six 11-17-2004 07:02 PM

Re: Do You Know This Boat?

deja vu!

Joe 11-17-2004 07:07 PM

Ouch - Alright, who in the he!l wants an expensive paint job that just like/very similar to your buddies! If I did, I'd be buying a Fountain :p

Thanks - I didn't think Cig. did this? THAT'S going to cost the seller at least 15k more!

spitfire1 11-17-2004 07:10 PM

As far as I know...there are slight variations in all three......and there was only one Rough Rider, Tiger, and Gladiator with this scheme........I could of course be wrong though... :drink:

NJgr8ful 11-17-2004 07:17 PM

I'm just guessing, but maybe ... that was Spitfire's Tiger? :eek: ... cuz that is his Gladiator ;)

Floating Reporter 10/24/04

.... or maybe not >>>??? LOL :D

Joe 11-17-2004 07:20 PM

Yeah - but it still take something away from the boat. Can anyone verify that there were only three painted with this similar paint? What about the same pattern in other colors?

Anyone...Anyone! :D

spitfire1 11-17-2004 07:28 PM

I think you will find this with just about any paint scheme a mfg. comes up with......many of Lipships Gladiators use the same "typhoon" type paint scheme with variations in color....Cigarette is not alone in reproduciing variations on a theme.....it has been that way for quite some time.....so unless you design one yourself....you are ultimately going to see another boat similar to yours.....that is just the way it is ......good or bad.......it doesnt bother me in the least......I think it looks equally as good on a Tiger or a Rough Rider....or a Top Gun ...if there is one out there......Rich

Jamie B. 11-17-2004 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
I think you will find this with just about any paint scheme a mfg. comes up with......many of Lipships Gladiators use the same "typhoon" type paint scheme with variations in color....Cigarette is not alone in reproduciing variations on a theme.....it has been that way for quite some time.....so unless you design one yourself....you are ultimately going to see another boat similar to yours.....that is just the way it is ......good or bad.......it doesnt bother me in the least......I think it looks equally as good on a Tiger or a Rough Rider....or a Top Gun ...if there is one out there......Rich

Agreed, dont sweat it Joe. Its not like your gonna be seeing yourself coming and going.

Great lookin' rig. :cool:

fatdaddy 11-17-2004 10:21 PM

The paint is beautiful.

Joe 11-18-2004 08:19 AM

Yeah - I've just always owned an "original" painted boat. Something about everyone saying, "Wow... here comes Joe." Not that we all have big ego's or anything! :D ...and yes, you are all right - I think I'll still get that. It's not like there will be more than one with that scheme in Houston/Austin.

Joe 11-18-2004 10:25 AM

Ok... The broker is sending me a Buyers Agreement and I'll be putting a deposit down on the boat (barring inspection and sea-trial).

So, any last comments are appreciated!!! :eureka: Again, I'll keep any requested comments CONFIDENTIAL.

Thanks!