Notices

MIA: my dad

Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy MIA: my dad

My dad came up to see me this past week. He lives in Arkansas and I'm in Wisconsin. His memory has been getting worse of the last couple of years and it's starting to concern us. It's to the point where he won't remember asking a question just 5 minutes ago. Makes for some frustrating conversations. Anyways, he left Monday morning to head home. For most of us, it would be a long one day drive. He likes to stretch it to two. I know that he stopped on Monday night at a hotel in Springfield, Illinois. The problem is that he hasn't made it home. He always calls when he gets in and he didn't call. Earlier tonight, I left him a message at home. Now it's well past dark and still no call. Ok, time to start checking around. I called the local town police officer, but he was sick and was not running his route. It's a small town. So I called the county Sheriff. They were incredibly helpful. Other police departments should be using these guys as a model to work by. They promptly sent an officer out to his house, but there was no sign of his truck or the trailer that he was towing. They called me back and offered to put some sort of a bulletin out to the 3 states that he could have traveled through. Beyond, that I really don't know what else to do. He doesn't have a cell phone. He does have a credit card so he proably is able to keep gas in the truck. I assume that if he broke down on the highway, that the bulletin would turn something up as a officer would have proably helped him. What I fear is that he took a wrong turn and is in a different state. Having over 24 hours to drive (at a slow pace) he could be several hundred miles off course. How on earth do you find somebody like this? The only way to track him would be by his credit card. He has to be buying gas with something. Beyond it being a Master Card, I have no other information on it. Any ideas?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Registered

Default Re: MIA: my dad

Why not give a full description of the car and trailer he's driving. There are members everywhere. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Good idea. He's drive a pewter S-10 pickup. The model that is lifted up with 31" tires. Extended cab short box, 4wd. It has ZR-2 stickers on the box. He was pulling a small trailer with a red log splitter on it. I don't have the license plate number. The county boys said they could get it. He was taking I-55 south out of Illinois to I-44 through Missouri. He then headed south across or to the west of Bull Shoals lake. He could have taken either route.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Re: MIA: my dad

Wow, I hope you find him and that he's okay. I'm sure the police or an OSOer would see him. Good luck.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

For some reason, the county guys are not able to come up with a tag number from my description. Are any board members able to get it for me? I don't know if I should be posting some of his info on the board here, but maybe if you could e-mail or call me I could give it to you. My e-mail address is [email protected] and the number is 262-243-9663. Thanks guys!
Old 11-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Registered

Do you know what type of credit card? If so you might have some luck calling them and see what kind of charges , where and when they were put on.... you might have to badger them to give you some info so you might have to explain the situation. Good Luck and keep us updated.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

Wow.
Best of luck. Hope he turns up soon.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trouty... I take back all those bad things I've ever said about you..........
Old 11-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Registered

Do some checking around and see if they can use an Amber Alert somehow. This is a wonderful tool that has saved I believe two people in Kansas in the last few weeks. Wish they had it when we needed it.
Is he dependant on medication that could endanger his well being??? That may be enough to convince them to issue an alert.
Also not to sound less than optimistic, because I'm praying for him and your whole family, but if it stretches to the weekend call Americas Most Wanted and ask them to help. Don't wait, do it now just in case!!! When we needed them we sent them a tape (before e-mail was so common and we all had digital cameras) on Thursday or Friday and they played a clip on their show THAT weekend. They were the greatest. Also print fax and e-mail flyers to all Law enforcement agencies where you think he may travel. Give them out at truck stops and ask truckers to pass 'em to toll booth attendants to tape to their booths and to place them in truck stops and anywhere. You may even call 1 800 THE LOST I believe,I AM NOT making a joke and I believe there's another 1 800 MISSING and they may have ideas. Might search tne web on those. Also many states have the message signs above the highways too.
See if GM has a way of tracking work in dealerships since they record VIN's on anything they touch now days. Maybe he had a problem and is hanging out while they fix it and didn't want to worry you. You know how we all get sometimes.
Good Luck,
I'm Pullin' and Praying for you all,
Don
Old 11-18-2004, 01:14 AM
Registered

best of luck cord we are praying for you and your family ! keep us informed . robbie

Quick Reply: MIA: my dad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.