Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Are all hot tub covers created equal?? >

Are all hot tub covers created equal??

Notices

Are all hot tub covers created equal??

Old 11-22-2004, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Are all hot tub covers created equal??

I'm in the market for a new hot tub cover as the underside material of mine seems to have deteriated. Holds water and seeing mold growth. Is one better than another? I see on ebay you can get good deals and they all seem to be the same materials.

It's Hot Tub season up here in the dismal North!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Are all hot tub covers created equal??

I was just at HOMO Depot today looking at a tub for $1,999 I was wondering if they were any good also?
Old 11-22-2004, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

no not all covers are equal, I worked for "Cal Spas", for about six years, You get what you pay for with the covers and the spas. the cheaper you go with either one, you will pay for it with the electric bill. my .02cents tom
Old 11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Registered

I agree with the hottub statement, you get what you pay for. When I shopped, each brand seemed to give you about the same for the money.

Cap, I'm a tall person and the depth was important to me. Watch as some are very shallow. Don't use the chlorine or bromine, go with the natural spa cartridges, they work great!!! I have all seats with one lounge, find that lounge is never used, would rather have seats and there is only two of us that ever use it. Foot massagers would be nice! Didn't have them when I bought mine. Mine is indoors and runs me a buck a day for electric if it's not used. So figure a little more if it's used. Mine is 500 gallons I believe, 7x7 and I forget the depth, maybe 40" top to bottom. Most people I know that have them outside complain that it costs to much to run. If you buy one, go with one that has been around for a long time so you have service after the sale. Too many shops come and go. Then again, there isn't much to them to do the work yourself. Good Luck!
Old 11-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 63 Posts

I too am needing a cover. I have a Hot Springs spa and love it. I have had it outside,which is the only place to have one, for four years. I have it right outside my back door and we have only been caught once by someone driving in the driveway.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced my Sundance cover 2 yrs ago. $400.
They ain't cheaply made. Thick to keep the temps in and support a good amount of wieght on top and not sag..........snow.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Registered

They all seem to be about 4" thick with foam, mine is in perfect condition since it's inside the house, however the underside had deteriated over the years and is now allowing moisture through and holding water even though there are several drain holes. Ebay is about 150 bucks for what looks like I have now, was just wondering if there was anything better out there. Then again, I guess for 150 bucks, it's a throw away item.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:45 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Check out poolandspa.com they have just about any info needed on the subject. I have a Master Spa and I am VERY happy with it. As for covers I don't know why but mine seems to have a very good seal, I only have to add water to the tub from use. My neighbor has a Marquis tub (also a quality manufacture) But I can see steam comming out of the middle seam and they add water regularly. Also watch out for tubs with raised corners (typically for stero speakers) It is very difficult to seal that area.

Cap, before you buy, check out pool and spa.com and definetly check out Master Spas.

http://www.poolandspa.com/

http://www.masterspas.com/

Rob
Old 11-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...D=9876&pos=p05
Old 11-22-2004, 08:08 PM
wayne

Thumbs down Re: Are all hot tub covers created equal??

dont ever buy a vita spa , they suck , nothing but problems . not bad for the first 5 yrs of trouble , but than the warranty runs out and they hammer you with the parts .. vita spas suck !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.