Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help >

Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help

Notices

Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help

Old 11-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help

As some know I just graduated University and had been looking for a job. Well, my efforts came to fruition today and I am now going to be a claims adjuster for progressive insurance out of Ft Walton Beach. I am very pleased, I don't have to put the snow tires on anymore. My start date is 11/30, so I have just a few days to move my life from WV to FL. I am flying back tomorrow evening to pack up my stuff and ship it down via UPS.

I have been looking around online for apartments but am not having much luck. I was wondering if any members have any rental units or even spare rooms above the garage they would like to rent. I am a clean kid, don't smoke, barely drink, my only vice is spending time on boat forums. My mother lives in Gulf Breeze so I can commute for a few weeks if needed. If anyone knows of anything in that area it would be a great help. I prefer something newer, trying not to be apartment poor though. Please PM or e-mail me.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Registered

Default Re: Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help

Congrats on landing the job ... good luck in the real world Sorry I don't have any leads for ya, I'm stuck up in NJ Wish you luck though.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Registered

Default Re: Got a job today, anybody in the Destin-Ft Walton area, I need a place to live, help

I'm originally from Pensacola stuck in Kansas. Will talk to my brother over the weekend. He runs a upper end (aren't they all) automotive joint and see if he knows of or has any customers with places. And if you haven't already, try Seville Quarters in P'cola but be careful they serve boos.
I Would be willing to trade ya though if by chance you're interested.
Congratulations and Good Luck!!!
Don
Old 11-19-2004, 11:05 PM
Registered

njgr8ful,
Thanks for the well wishes.

Don,
Been to Seville, great place, my parents are part of the Mayoki Indians and they use the Seville fire truck for parades and such. I love the Pensacola/Gulf Breeze/Destin areas, I have been making a real effort to find employment in this area. Now my concern is getting through training and finding a decent place to live. It would be great if you could talk to your brother, if he has any leads that would be great. I figure there is someone out there that has a place they are looking to rent. Most of the big rental places are all filled up or destroyed by Ivan. I am going to go to FT Walton in the Morning then come back and fly out of Pcola in the afternoon. So hopefully I can get a better idea of what there is.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Registered

Congrats man.

I was worried that you would have to wait four more years to get a job. Ha.

Good luck in Fla. Get a place with a guest room. I'll be down in Feb.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Registered

Fundrazor,

Due to the hurricane there is pretty much nothing available. It was all either super expensive or subsidized housing basically. I did manage to find a good place on Okaloosa Island though, It is between brooks bridge and east pass bridge. A nice one bedroom in a complex with a pool and tennis court and it's own beach access, I cant complain really. No guest room but a large enough living room to accommodate a sleeper sofa.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:16 PM
Registered

That doesn't sound so bad at all.

Good luck.

By the way... work on that drinking. You need to drink more.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:45 PM
Registered

Talked to my brother and he said pretty much the same you wrote about. Said none of his buddies knew of anything they would send you to. He did say if you're looking for anything else you have trouble with he ahs some friends over there that could help direct you.
But if you have a place with a 38' slip next summer...
SeeYa,
Don