Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hustler Racing Boats.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/90917-hustler-racing-boats.html)

ITSTOCK 11-22-2004 06:15 PM

Hustler Racing Boats....

It will not allow me to post in the Hustler section, but I have a few questions on what to look for specifically when buying a used 32' Hustler Offshore Racing boat (prone to certain stress areas? flaws?)

Thanks, Steve.

Minx20 11-22-2004 06:30 PM

Re: Hustler Racing Boats....

Don't have any knowledge of them, but recently saw one come up for auction that had sunk. Take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=4500168647

E.S.

ITSTOCK 11-22-2004 06:58 PM

I'm not sure if this is just one you have found, or if Hustlers are notorious for sinking do to "water intrusion appears to have been through removed exhaust transom through hull flanges."

I am assuming that this one was being worked on when it got a little more wet than it should have :chimp: .

Anyone else?

Edward R. Cozzi 11-22-2004 07:16 PM

I was the Hustler dealer in the Ft. Lauderdale area in 1993 and 1994. I had a 32' in stock and it was awesome, even with stock 415's. Back then Hustler was basically run by Paul Fiore of Outer Limits fame. He is the wizard of the stepped bottom design. I always found the boats to be rigged and delivered first-rate.
Presently, as a marine surveyor that specializes in high performance boats, I have surveyed several used 32's since 1997 and I found them basically to be extremely well-built and holding up quite nicely. Some of those older 32's had big power and surface drives and were not for the novice operator. Damn they were FAST!
Find your dream 32, make your offer subject to survey, sea trial and compression and leak-down tests. GOOD LUCK!

CAP071 11-22-2004 07:32 PM

INSTOCK are you looking to buy a 32 ? My Buddy in Chalfont PA has his 32 Hustler up 4 sale if you want his number ?

ITSTOCK 11-22-2004 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by CAP071
INSTOCK are you looking to buy a 32 ? My Buddy in Chalfont PA has his 32 Hustler up 4 sale if you want his number ?

cap, is that you from the ltownracing boards :eek: (I'm 5.8litrels1eater)

My dad is looking into buying the one in Chalfont :evilb:

CAP071 11-22-2004 07:53 PM

No thats my younger brother

Is the one your dad looking at owned by a guy named Frank ?

ITSTOCK 11-22-2004 07:56 PM

Yes, I'm almost positive. It is a 32' Hustler, with what appears to be new paint across from the ball fields. He called and left a message. Do you happen to know what he is asking?

CAP071 11-22-2004 08:00 PM

Yep that's it. It's a 90 with 500's rebuilt by Kurtz Marine in NJ a few years back very low hrs since rebuild. His new wife is preg. make an offer I'm sure he'll take it.

I know he had lots of tire kickers. The boat is solid just the paint up close looks rough. it has all new cockpit interior redone and all new gaffrig gauges. it sits on a new trailer.

KNOT-RIGHT 11-22-2004 09:07 PM

I run a 1986 Hustler Le32 formally the Savage out of Michigan. It is fitted with twin 900,s and Arnesons. It has 4 full length encapsulated stringers which is above the lifting strakes. It is made up of composite laminate, coremat, divinycell foam and baltek coring materials. Dry weight is 7500lbs. 24 degree deadrise. 12 inch notched transom. Bottom thickness is approx. 1 inch thick.( I just drilled them for installation of the intercooler water pickups.)
There is eight transverse bulkheads also encapsulated.
The main fuel tank is located in the cockpit between the bolsters running length wise. 160 gallon. While the reserve is located from port to starboard under the rear bench. 30 gallon. These tanks are aluminum.
Somethings to check.

Engine compartment just forward of transom look down at the outside area of the first stringers toward the hull sides. (outside of the engines) Look for possible stress cracks.
on the bottom running length wise. (Directly under each outside Manifold) Check starboard
and port.

Upper Cockpit toward the windshield and upper deck check each side.
Under gunnels.

Check all interior bulkheads.
Check the bottom on a creeper when its on the trailer.

The boat is a custom built boat and built heavy.
I have been very satisfied with mine. I operate in inland and open ocean
It handles the water pretty well considering its size.

Configure it with Big power and the right drives and Hold On! :D

Call me anytime with questions I would be glad to help.
Gerry
401-255-5242