Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Notices

Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Old 11-30-2004, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Powerplay Marine Sold?

Originally Posted by B&B Racing
Fever raced the powerplays all year in USoffshore.Boats like Twocan racing and a couple of others.THey were not that fast.Danny who raced in APBA in team Powerplay was national champ that year 93 or94.Fever was B1 from winning the worlds the year before.Danny finally showed up at a race to "settle the score" so it was said.He was B1 and Fever was B1.When the green flag dropped Fever was gone and Powerplay was flapping out of control.The only good boat running in B class at that time other than Fever was Art Lillys Heartbeat or Rocksolid.At the time Fever would run anywhere from 94-98 mph.Danny pulled up at this race and told the Fever guys that you might as well not put the boat in the water race day because he was going 112!!!!
Yea, I think I remember that race. it was the worlds in Key West 1994 after Powerplay took B1. Powerplay pulled out of the race in the 2nd lap when Mr K stuffed, and Pepe was killed. The Powerplay guys packed up and went to the funeral. Mr K was a fast boat, I have all the race time sheets still for all the races in 92,93, and 94. They were always right there. Twocan never ran that great, as I can remember. It was a heavy almost production boat with a race deck and a couble of pretty green guys driving. I remember when they barrel rolled in Atlantic city in 93. They came out of the water laughing.
Art was beaten his share of times by Powerplay Racing especially in the worlds at Ft Meyers in 93. The Fever boat was fast, but it only raced Dan in one race and that was at the worlds in 92. Powerplay barely started the 94 worlds when it pulled out. The B1 boat never ran 112. Its fastest speed was when it was sold to the Smahlicks(sp?) in 1995, when the engine rules changed for APBA. Teague said he had the boat in the 105 range.
Gary
Old 11-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by maverick
Yea, I think I remember that race. it was the worlds in Key West 1994 after Powerplay took B1. Powerplay pulled out of the race in the 2nd lap when Mr K stuffed, and Pepe was killed. The Powerplay guys packed up and went to the funeral. Mr K was a fast boat, I have all the race time sheets still for all the races in 92,93, and 94. They were always right there. Twocan never ran that great, as I can remember. It was a heavy almost production boat with a race deck and a couble of pretty green guys driving. I remember when they barrel rolled in Atlantic city in 93. They came out of the water laughing.
Art was beaten his share of times by Powerplay Racing especially in the worlds at Ft Meyers in 93. The Fever boat was fast, but it only raced Dan in one race and that was at the worlds in 92. Powerplay barely started the 94 worlds when it pulled out. The B1 boat never ran 112. Its fastest speed was when it was sold to the Smahlicks(sp?) in 1995, when the engine rules changed for APBA. Teague said he had the boat in the 105 range.
Gary
Fever raced Powerplay only one time in Oswego NY. This is the race b and b is talking about.
Old 11-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Thats right, I forgot about Oswego.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:40 PM
knotpropr

One of my employess heard that some (or many) Powerplay employees have not been paid in close to 5 weeks. That is really WRONG. Such a beautiful boat, such bad management! WTF?

Old 12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Registered

Thats 2 bad about the pay checks, I'm not sure I believe its that bad though. Most people won't hang around if they aren't getting paid. But you said it right, they are beautiful boats. It won't surprise me at all if Powerplay is still around 10 years from now just because the boats are so nice.
Gary
Old 12-01-2004, 09:29 PM
knotpropr

at that level, 3 weeks or 5 weeks, that is really rough on that type of worker who typically lives week by week....i heard the Bahamas guy could get NASTY if needed. What a mess, just wish this guy would do the right thing~

Old 12-01-2004, 10:12 PM
knotpropr

Never Buy a Powerplay!! You can get much more CREATIVE than that...how bad do you want to affect his half-ass business? Many optioms!

Old 12-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Registered

"I do not lie! EVER !!"
Between this and the Apache dabockle if your not a lier you have a really really bad misinformed memory.
Just an observation
Old 12-02-2004, 09:02 AM
knotpropr

The prototypes bottom delaminated shortly after that.
That doesn't sound good at all.

Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Desel, the Pulse drive boat does 98mph with 750's just to let u know!

Quick Reply: Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.