Powerplay Marine Out of Business!! >

Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Notices

Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Old 11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Powerplay Marine Sold?

Ut---oh.... talk about heaping the sh!t on with a skip loader.........
Old 11-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
I can think of a couple of south Florida boat companies I would never buy a boat from....this is one of them.
Yup. Plenty of companies willing to sell you a boat without baggage...
Old 11-27-2004, 08:58 PM
knotpropr

He was never a "Coke dealer", he isn't a con man or loan defaulter
Counts
Select Count Count Status Statute Statute Description Filed On Filed By
001 CLOS FXXD8931351B TRAFFICKING IN COCAINE 01/07/1994 BROWARD SHERIFF OFFICE
002 CLOS MXXD8931471 POSS/DRUG PARAPHERNALIA 01/07/1994 BROWARD SHERIFF OFFIC

JUST A GUESS, BUT COULD THIS BE A BIG MISUNDERSTANDING?

Old 11-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Geee a speed boat company closing it's doors and drugs are involved what a shock
Old 11-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey The best part about this thread is Sunsation is going to be building a 38. I can't wait to see that. I had great experience with My Sunsation and loved it
Old 11-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
Based on some of the facts posted here, I probably wouldn't either (new boat) although I'd speak to the last 5 owners to take delivery to see how their experience was before making up my mind. That's too bad because the 33' is one heck of a boat, however, it's on my very short list of used boats when that time comes again.
Exactly. When the company comes out of bankrupcy, is financially stable, and delivers a few boats as promised I would not hesistate to buy a boat from them. Or even now a new boat that is already done. You see, I don't care what this guy has done in the past. Frankly, I don't make it a habit to do background checks on owners of boat companies before I buy their product. Powerplays have a near perfect finish, near perfect wiring , and a very solid construction. Stand next to alot of top brand boats (I won't mention names) and notice the waves on the sides of the hull. Do that with a Powerplay and notice no waves. It's a straight, well constructed boat. I understand not wanting to put a down payment on a new boat from any company in bankrupcy, that would be stupid. But hopefully they will emerge a stronger company at the end of this ordeal. That's just my opinion...
Old 11-28-2004, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
Exactly. When the company comes out of bankrupcy, is financially stable, and delivers a few boats as promised I would not hesistate to buy a boat from them. Or even now a new boat that is already done. You see, I don't care what this guy has done in the past. Frankly, I don't make it a habit to do background checks on owners of boat companies before I buy their product. Powerplays have a near perfect finish, near perfect wiring , and a very solid construction. Stand next to alot of top brand boats (I won't mention names) and notice the waves on the sides of the hull. Do that with a Powerplay and notice no waves. It's a straight, well constructed boat. I understand not wanting to put a down payment on a new boat from any company in bankrupcy, that would be stupid. But hopefully they will emerge a stronger company at the end of this ordeal. That's just my opinion...
A wavy hull will be seen on all boats, Nortech, OL, and Cig., and POWERPLAY. The 38 PP is no exception, look especially at the top deck as well, it was rushed for the 02 show, and has not been gone over like the 33. The 33 is flawless and thats cause of Boscoe. There is no factory or dealer support, now where you at . The problem I have with this whole situation is, yes, BK will help and reorganize some co, we all get into financial situations one time or another. But, Dan over the years has been in to many altrications, enough is enough. We as buyers should not support or condone this behavior, we are the ones at fault for keeping him in business.
Old 11-28-2004, 02:02 PM
knotpropr

When the company comes out of bankrupcy, is financially stable, and delivers a few boats as promised I would not hesistate to buy a boat from them.
I heard there are customers who have been waiting close to 3 years for their new boat. WHEW, i wonder if this is true???

Old 11-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Registered

I don't know why so many people are goofy over "waves" in the glass along the sides.... Yes... it looks nice if it is all as flat as glass... but ... it's the lamination schedule underneath that concerns me... I'd rather have the money spent in using top grade materials than spent in labor slathering on bondo and sanding until the sides and deck are like glass. If any of you guys have seen race cars up close.. both new and old... there really isn't that much attention spent on finish... It is the mechanicals of the car where the time and money is spent. Sponsorship stickers come nice and shiny from the printer........
Old 11-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JASSMAN
A wavy hull will be seen on all boats, Nortech, OL, and Cig., and POWERPLAY. The 38 PP is no exception, look especially at the top deck as well, it was rushed for the 02 show, and has not been gone over like the 33. The 33 is flawless and thats cause of Boscoe. There is no factory or dealer support, now where you at . The problem I have with this whole situation is, yes, BK will help and reorganize some co, we all get into financial situations one time or another. But, Dan over the years has been in to many altrications, enough is enough. We as buyers should not support or condone this behavior, we are the ones at fault for keeping him in business.
I can only speak for the 25 and 33 since I have not been on the 38. My 25 has absolutely NO waves so it's not only the 33. Waves however are besides the point. That was just an example. Why do you think people keep him in business ? It has nothing to do with him. It's the product. I can give a *hit if the company is sold and someone else runs it as long as the product is the same. As for myself, I bought my PP used. I thought it was pretty cool to call and speak with the owner of the company who knew the boat took the time to give me it's complete history. That and a gel coat repair is about as much as I have dealt with Dan.
Dan aside, the product kicks a$$. Whoever doubts that can take a ride in one and foot for foot and pound for pound, in my opinion, it's pretty hard to find a better all around boat.

Quick Reply: Powerplay Marine Out of Business!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.