Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Legal Question.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91042-legal-question.html)

Audiofn 11-25-2004 09:37 AM

Re: Legal Question....

Craig I know who you are talking about and no this is not the same person. These motors came from San Fran. CA

Jon

Audiofn 11-25-2004 09:37 AM

What I was really hopeing to know at this point is do I have to take him to court in my own state or his state? If I win I think the guy would pay but then again you never know....

Jon

Formula Outlaw 11-25-2004 09:38 AM

Jon, post the name and # and the wrath of OSO shall decend upon him. Russ

CAP071 11-25-2004 09:48 AM

This is TOTAL BULLSH*T This guy knew up front he was screwing you. He knew it, and did it anyway. Tell that S O B you want all your money back PERIOD! If you are reading this thread who ever you are. I can tell tell you now if he had sold this crap to some of the guys I know including myself I"d be knocking on your door by now. :mad:

Screw him, He screwed You and knowingly screwed you.

Tell us who it is! :mad:

US1 Fountain 11-25-2004 09:55 AM

I agree, he knew what he was selling. And still sold them.

fatdaddy 11-25-2004 05:33 PM

Jon, as I said in my earlier post, sue himn his state.

jryan26 11-25-2004 05:38 PM

Post some pics of the internals of the motors.

Audiofn 11-25-2004 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by jryan26
Post some pics of the internals of the motors.

Don't have any. Maybe Biggus can do that for me.

Jon

Biggus 11-25-2004 05:55 PM

The mess is still at the machine shop. no pics at this time.

Did the chit peddler contact you?

Kurt

Audiofn 11-25-2004 07:32 PM

This is the latest email that I fired off to him.

Ted lets just get this whole mess over with. I am currently into these motors for aprox. 5600-5800 dollars (I am sill waiting for the exact bill from the machine shop and builder.) This does not include the cost of the three trips up to Maine at a hundred bucks or so a pop that I will have to make and all the waisted time. The fact that you were offered 1000 dollars by a local mechanic really has no bearing on me what so ever. I find it very hard to believe that anyone that actually saw these motors would have offered you that much money. Maybe that was before they were left out in the rain and rusted up? Remember there was a cylinder FULL of water and another with a wasp nest in it. One of the motors had milk shake looking oil in it. This only happens from when a motor is run with water leaking in it. I find it hard to believe that you or your mechanic did not know about the oil not looking normal. All I can tell you is that I am not happy to have spent a lot of money that took me a lot of time to save up and got a pile of junk in return. If the shoe was on the other foot I would not hesitate to send you ALL your money back. In fact I have in the past sent out parts and they were not the correct ones and refunded all the customers money. I have done everything that I can to salvage this deal but it just is not possible. There is NOTHING in these motors worth saving. You say that you are going to be out 2000 bucks if you send me my money back. If you are to give me all my money back I also will be out 2000 dollars. I would say that is fair. At that we both loose the same amount of money. Yes it sucks for both of us but I would say that is what is fair. Please give me my money back Ted it is the right thing to do. If you want all or part of the parts back I am more then happy to crate them up and send them to you but honestly they are not worth waisting any more money on. I just want this to be over with I do not want it to drag on. I was so excited to get these motors and now the fact that I spent all my money on junk has me so mad.

So we will see what reply that gets me......