Notices

Input on my next boat

Old 11-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Input on my next boat

Ok, momma has given the go-ahead for the next boat upgrade, so who am I to argue. We have pretty much settled that it will be an open bow/MidCabin in the 29-32 foot range. We drove a Baja 292 this summer loved the layout,not having to go through the cabin to get to the bow, not so impressed with performance. Also drove an Envision, ok, but have been told it's pretty dated/old design(pachanga). Have seen Donzi 28ZXO, fairly impressed. 32 Sleekcraft, seemed big and heavy. Kachina, pretty and sexy but know nothing about them. I am also aware of Sunsation 288, Profile, Eliminator and others that offer open bows of this type. Am looking for honest input on your experienced opinions so I can shop inteligently. Also things like single or twin engines etc.
80% of boating done on Missouri river (smooth water) and 20% on LOTO (fairly rough water). Need not be a rocket but would like WOT in the 70MPH range. Need to be able to comfortably trailer for up to 400 miles with a Suburban/Tahoe/Expedition class SUV. Can this all be done for under 50k and not getting a total mechanics special ?
Old 11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Registered

Default Re: Input on my next boat

Sunsation's 32 mid cabin has gotten rave reviews by my two friends that had them in TN. They are running some great prices as far as I can tell on this board. One also had the 28 with a 750 Sterling in the back and he loved it...it was still a bit slower than mine though...
50 K might be a bit low?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My cousins purchased a Sunsation mid cabin 32 this summer twin 496ho they have been pretty happy with it. It would meet all your needs.

Will
Old 11-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Registered

Response so far a bit underwhelming. Looking for any input....pros/cons of any boats of this type greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:55 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe you would like a Superboat 30Y2K.
There is someone selling one a few yrs used w/ a couple of different engine options.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out the 32 active thunders. I really like this one. $69,000
http://server2.boatfreaks.org/forums...&threadid=2215
Old 11-23-2004, 07:15 PM
Registered

What are you looking for in a boat? New or used? Single power or twin power? SoCal custom boat?

There are several custom boat builders in Southern Cal that make open/mid-cuddy boats in the size range you are looking at. I recently sold a 29' Shockwave that I was really happy with. It's a big 29 that can be built with single or twin power, available in a closed bow or mid cabin open bow configuration. I used mine in the ocean quite a bit and never had any issues.

If you are ordering new you can specify everything in the boat to be custom to your tastes. Graphics, hardware type and configuration, cabin layout, interior colors/design, etc... Each boat they build is unique...
Old 11-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Registered

What's your Suburban/Tahoe rated at? Most of the boats you mentioned with a trailer are gonna be pushin prob 8-9000 pounds (if they have twins). Prob not gonna 'legally' be able to tow it with a 1/2 ton Sub or Tahoe.

The 292 comes with a single. That should be light enough. My pick would be the Donzi 28ZXO. Awesome boat......
Old 11-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input so far, thats what I'm looking for is experience/opinions on what would be the best all around choice. I am sure with the budget I have in mind it will have to be used, but hopefully still in pretty decent shape. The tow vehicle will be upgraded at the same time looks like if Suburbans are properly equiped will do 8-9K so was hoping that would be enough. Really would like your thoughts on single versus twin as well. Also any other makes/models offering the midcabin open bow
Thanks Again
Old 11-24-2004, 08:57 PM
Registered

the best thing to do is research,research,research,single vs twin it depends on if u like the ease of mind of 2 motors if one breaks,or if like the idea of blowin past twins with just one motor(that really pisses them off),just about all boat manufacturers are making open bows it just depends on what u like.

Quick Reply: Input on my next boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.