Maggie's Mercruiser Special

Notices

Maggie's Mercruiser Special

Old 01-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mercruiser Special
That guy <Crouse> Doesnt know what hes talking about. My father died in a car accident in colombia. I was there,i would love to help that guy get the story straight!!!

Thanks for clearing that up, and very sorry you lost your Dad. I've read endless info about him since I was a kid. I'm sure not all of it is accurate, but in every single thing I've read he was always known first as a professional boat racer, even in legal documents written by people who know nothing of the sport.

If you have any pictures handy please post them. I'd love to see some fresh material.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Popeyes
I am not as good as T2x but here is one (story) for you. Somewhere in time ,80's, Al Copeland, George Morales, and me, are in the penthouse suite ( floor) at some hotel in Detroit.

It is the night before the race and we are up late bench racing. I go to get some ice and some guy in the hallway starts talking to me about races. I guess because I had a Popeyes shirt on. Turns out it is a guy we now know as Sting. I go back in the room and proceed to tell George and Al That the "Police" are staying on the same floor as us. George jumps up and says "Theeze Mother F!@#$%^ can never leave me alone. I am trying to explain to him that they are a band while he is ranting and Al is about to piss is pants laughing so hard. Anyway it gets blurry after there. One thing I remember about Maggie is that she never wore the same clothes ,shoes,acc.etc.. twice. George was quite proud of that fact in an offhand way. As the man said "such were the 80,s".
What a great story!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by butch ryan
Pat Taylor From N.o. Had The Old Express Cat For His Record Attempts On The River
Pat Taylor had several boats for that run.

The first was a 38 Bertram
The second was your old Cat
The third was a 47 cougar v-bottom
Although, I am not certain that boat was for a run up the missisippi. I think it was called the Spirit of New Orleans and I believe there is a picture of it in Searace.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is it this one maybe?
After looking through the thread I see that it is not this one.
Attached Thumbnails Maggie's Mercruiser Special-p4170109.jpg  

Last edited by Cigaretteman; 01-08-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

I am having a blast reading all these posts. I was there for all of this - from the inside - Maggie is my Mom - And George Morales was my step dad! I agree - I have never lived through anything like George again nor will I ever.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (06-20-2021)
Old 05-29-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

This is so funny - I was there for this too! It was a private floor - I was Georges step daughter & Maggie is my mother. She is very cool and down to Earth now. Even she has grown up and has to wear the same thing - from time to time! I do remember - George & Al Copeland. They drank together and hung out that night before the race.
The following users liked this post:
I'CE (06-20-2021)
Old 05-29-2015, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Please more pix! How did I miss this thread?
And more stories - these are great! Those guys were larger than life.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

George was extremely intelligent, intense, and had a set of C.O.Jones as good as they get.I enjoyed working on his boats. We used a 'secret' aluminum on the vee bottom, alloy 5456. We built the boat upside down, and when we rolled it over, it had a 3/4" hook in 30 feet. Holy ****! We shimmed the boat perfectly straight, and dropped a 5000 pound pile driving weight onto a frame that we placed in the boat. No problem. 100 20 foot drops, and it was a straight as it could be.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fobes
Anyone know anything about the Maggies Cougar or George Morales, any pics...thanks: Matt
Im here Maggie i have many pictures Matt
Old 05-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Registered

this is Maggie who is this?

Quick Reply: Maggie's Mercruiser Special

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.