Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey Steve and the OSO staff... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91228-hey-steve-oso-staff.html)

Cash Bar 11-27-2004 01:08 AM

Hey Steve and the OSO staff...

I tried to email this but it kept getting returned... so.....

To Steve and The Entire OSO staff.

I just returned from Key West and I wanted to take a minute and thank you.

I have been a member for over 2 yrs. now and I am thrilled with my experience. I got into boating at a young age and I've never strayed from my love for the water and powerboats.

Through this site I have learned more than I ever thought possible and made more friends than I can count. If a person tells me they are an OSO member I immediately consider them a friend.

In the last 6 months I have also become a PROFESSIONAL powerboat racer(how good of one remains in doubt). That WOULD NOT have happened without the support and connections I have made here. The time and effort the membership has shown in educating me(and others) make my accomplishments possible. For the Key West race I even was able to land sponsors from among the membership.

Lastly, I would like to tell you how much I value your efforts in promoting the sport and also the events conducted by you or on OSO's behalf. I would not know how to function if I was away from the sport or the news and views of the members for very long.

Even though I am currently boatless(THANKS NATIONAL!), I will continue to seek advice and information on my search for a replacement.

Thank you very much!

Greg Harris a/k/a "CASH BAR"

clearcut3 11-27-2004 02:35 AM

Re: Hey Steve and the OSO staff...

kUDOS!!!

I didn't know you got caught up in the NM BS with the Topgun. I hope everything turns out good...it's a shame to see so many good people get screwed by one or two losers.

cig1988 11-27-2004 05:53 AM

Likewise Greg. Wish I had the opportunity hooking up with you while I was out that way last month. Everyone I met out at the lake was stand up great people!
Stan

Phantom1 11-27-2004 04:20 PM

You are one of the "good guys" in the sport Greg. Congratulations on the "first" of many seasons of racing.

Mike

lucky strike 11-27-2004 04:45 PM

Well said Greg. We also met Greg through OSO and consider him a great friend. He has helped us on many occasions and visa versa.

Keep up the good work OSO

Bobby A.K.A. LS JR.

THEJOKER 11-27-2004 05:20 PM

Greg:

I can't believe you got burned in the NM scandal. That really blows man. Be safe racing my brother and let's go have a beer sometime - BH

DirtyMoney 11-27-2004 10:04 PM

I too would like to thank OSO for the friends I have made thanks to this site and Greg you are one of them as well as you Brian. I hope to meet more in the future from this site. By the way thanks for the weather update Greg now Tiffiney and I are colder here than before.
See you soon, Beau

rchevelle71 11-27-2004 11:13 PM

Well said Greg,

I too have met many great people through OSO, including Greg.

Rick