Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Year's Day "Fun Run" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91331-new-years-day-fun-run.html)

CigBoat 12-27-2004 03:00 PM

Re: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Get them done boys the weater is going to be great!!

cuda 12-27-2004 03:44 PM

Houston, we have a problem

Looks like a no go for me. :mad: I put the starter back in and the carb back on. The engine turned over slowly at first, and now won't turn at all. I don't know what the problem is. It may be that piece of starter that broke off has jammed in the flywheel. I stuck a flexible magnet down into the bell housing to see if I could pick up anything. Nothing. The bad part is, now the engine has to come out, and I don't know anyone local I trust to do the work. I had one local yokel work on the Donzi, and he screwed it up, and he worked on an outboard of mine and didn't fix it either. I may have to take it all the way back to Pinellas to have it worked on. :mad: :mad:

FloridianSon 12-27-2004 04:36 PM

Was wondering is there enough parking places for all of us or is there another ramp close.Hay Johno you in town for this one?

Formula Outlaw 12-27-2004 04:40 PM

Cuda, can you turn the motor over by hand with a wrench on the crankshaft pully nut???? I realize this is a totally stupid question, but no chance the batteries are down is there??? Man this blows.

Formula Outlaw 12-27-2004 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by FloridianSon
Was wondering is there enough parking places for all of us or is there another ramp close.Hay Johno you in town for this one?

The parking for larger boats is limited. Get there early if possible. Being New Year's Day it may not be too bad. Too many people have hangovers.

Ryan Beckley 12-27-2004 04:54 PM

limited? There is TONS of parking, Sarasota hes one of the nicest ramp areas I have EVER seen.

DanB 12-27-2004 05:29 PM

I belive they are talking about the Hyatt my young friend..........in which case, plenty of room to raft up.

cuda 12-27-2004 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by FloridianSon

Johno's sorry azz is down in Cancun! :mad: :p :drink:

cuda 12-27-2004 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Cuda, can you turn the motor over by hand with a wrench on the crankshaft pully nut???? I realize this is a totally stupid question, but no chance the batteries are down is there??? Man this blows.

I haven't tried to turn it by hand, and I'm not sure I could even if nothing was wrong. IF I could get the plugs out (impossible), I might have a chance by hand. The batteries aren't low, because the other enigine fired right up.

Formula Outlaw 12-27-2004 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
limited? There is TONS of parking, Sarasota hes one of the nicest ramp areas I have EVER seen.

Ryan, you're right, but way too many times I've seen the "little fish guys" hogging all the larger parking spaces. They park one of their 18 ft. flat's boat rigs in a spot where a Tiger could easily park while there's 30 smaller spaces open that the bigger boats can't use.

Maybe we could get some yellow "Caution: Do Not Cross" tape and tape off a whole area. Per Order: Cuda :D :D