Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Just got word the Joe Hopson is comming with
his 38 Fountain
Old 12-31-2004, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile Re: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

H A P P Y H E A L T H Y N E W Y E A R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Registered

Close, but no cigar. I kept running into unforseeable little issues, like having to relocate my halon canister to clear the exhaust hose, having two different oil filter assemblies so I had to brainstorm to make one work, running all over hell to find flex hose for the plumbing for the exhaust that we weren't supposed to have to do in the first place. From the outside the boat is done. I figure I've got five maybe six which means ten more hours to go but at least I know I'm doing it right. Besides I really wanted to test it before I showed up in front of forty boats and sank it or something else really stupid. It looks like Sunday will be "test" day for me.

If anyone is still around let me know.

Everyone have a GREAT and SAFE New Year's Day Fun Run. I might just show up and see everybody off. I know I've been offered rides if OUTLAW wasn't ready, and I appreciate the thought, but I'd really rather get my own boat finished up. I mean it's been a year now.

Have a beer for me guys/gals. Russ
Old 01-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Mike, thanks for the offer, along with everyone else. I know I can ride with someone, and it would be great. I mean it's a georgous day outside today. It's just that I am so close to getting it finished I can't let go of it. I don't get a lot of time off so I need to take advantage here and get her done.

I would like to think that at some point this afternoon, there's gonna be a whole lot more noise in the ole neighborhood.

If I get it done up early enough, I might try to drop it in at the Nokomis ramp and head for the Hyatt or the ramps. If you see a Formula with Outlaw on the side it's me. Keep yours eyes peeled, I just might show up later this afternoon, ON THE WATER. (there just may be a TV crew waiting )
Old 01-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

t-minus 71 minutes

lets rock in 2005!
Old 01-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Registered

Except for wetsanding the stern, the BOAT IS FINISHED. Gonna crank those motors over tomorrow, and, dare I say, a trip to the local ramp.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Registered

It was nice meeting you and your wife today Mike, and you beat me home too!
Rick was there, with Cashbar and Crownman.
Here's a couple of pics:

Last edited by georges; 07-31-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:24 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Sorry I couldn't make it Mike,

Wife nixed it becasue it was "cool" out and we were doing 60 miles each way. I did get up to Tarpon where you used to keep you boat. I have been out every day. Still a novelty boating this time a year.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Registered

thanks ryan a good time was had!

perfect water!

posted a 104 stretch nice start to 05'!

Dan
Old 01-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Fever MikeI looked for RChevelle and Cash Bar...were you there????? That was it I did not meet anyone else! I walked up to a few people and asked, smile at others but none from OSO...hummm....most from the local boat club and they kept to themselves in there group. I walked the dock at Mar Vista and the beech a bunch of times taking pictures and got some pictures during the run.
I will post pictures later.

Where was RChevelle, Crownman, Cashbar? I asked around but got empty stares from the local boat club people on the run.[/QUOTE]

Mike, that is unusual for the local boat group. Most of them I know go out of their way to welcome others who share the same passion. I don't know which local boat club members were there, but I do know some of them that were planning on attending. Frank (SpeedToLead) is very friendly and outgoing. Glenn and Kitten (DangerKitty) are as welcoming people as I've met in a long time. I know I promote the club at every opportunity trying to entice people to join. It's a little disappointing to read that no one would apparently talk to you. I don't know why that happened.

Am looking forward to seeing you again. We have met once. I hope you enjoyed the run. Russ

Last edited by Formula Outlaw; 01-02-2005 at 09:12 AM.

Quick Reply: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.