Notices

New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Old 01-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

The run started a little late, and I was pressed for time. Had to be back in Tampa by 4 so I did not want to raft off and then have to have people untie to let me out. As for the start, They hammered before we all got out of the Hyatt basin. Then Johnny Law came outa of the blue and birdogged me all the way to the last buoy at new pass. Bye the time I had open water you guyz were just a white spec on the water. Caught up to most by the time we got to Longboat,but had we gone to Johns Pass I woulda been right there with you Dan L. We saw 100 that day, but I may have to call Colabella. Somethings making a little noise on the lowers .
Old 01-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Registered

Frank, sounded like you had a good time, even though "Johnny Law" followed you out. I think next year if it's warm, we should go to Gators. What do you think about that idea???? Russ
Old 01-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
Hey George, nice meeting you too! Wish you could have gotten your boat in the water. You were the only guy besides the west coast Concept dealer that I meet from OSO. Where was RChevelle, Crownman, Cash Bar? I asked around but got empty stares from the local boat club people on the run.
take care
Mike, that was probably due to the fact there are very few Opba members that are hear on Oso, and the names didn't mean anything to them. One of these days we will meet on the water, it always seems one or the other of us can't make a run at the same time.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Registered

Fever Mike...you have a "fishboat" , Cuda's words Guess i just joined that "fishboat" crowd as well. Come to a OPBA meet & you'll meet more of these people as well. Normally last Thurs of the month. I should be boating by Feb.
Old 01-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

The Gulf was really flat for a day in January considering the winds we have had lately. I saw your Concept for just a second, their easy boats to spot on the water. At close to 100 you dont want to stare or look long at anything. Now had that run went down to Gators I would have seen everyone except maybe Dan L. but I would have been right there over his shoulder. Mar Vista is such a nightmare when 30 boats are there at once. That dock at the end is a mutha to climb over. Formula is talkin about maybe next year if the weather is close to the 70's mark shooting for Gators. Just a 11:00 start if we do........Maybe go inside untill Perico (Mouth of Tpa Bay) then shoot between Egmont and Ft. Desoto to Gators.....
Old 01-02-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered

Talking Re: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Originally Posted by Speed2Lead
The run started a little late, and I was pressed for time. Had to be back in Tampa by 4 so I did not want to raft off and then have to have people untie to let me out. As for the start, They hammered before we all got out of the Hyatt basin. Then Johnny Law came outa of the blue and birdogged me all the way to the last buoy at new pass. Bye the time I had open water you guyz were just a white spec on the water. Caught up to most by the time we got to Longboat,but had we gone to Johns Pass I woulda been right there with you Dan L. We saw 100 that day, but I may have to call Colabella. Somethings making a little noise on the lowers .

frank i wondered what happened to you?? we should plan a cat run on the 15th. my brother is movin down from detriot that day. my cat is purrin nice. even erin let me open it up with out too much resistance.

take care
Old 01-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Registered

lets make it a cat and v bottom run! I could take my spectre v-bottom.

either way weather permitting i'm in.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Registered

Well I may not have made the run but I still had fun. She is alive.....
Attached Thumbnails New Year's Day "Fun Run"-boatrunnning-006-small-.jpg   New Year's Day "Fun Run"-boatrunnning-010-small-.jpg   New Year's Day "Fun Run"-boatrunnning-012-small-.jpg  

Old 01-02-2005, 06:40 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

FO Thats great!! Looks nice.....Keep us posted on her next dunkin'
Old 01-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Registered

"R", thanks, only took 366 days to get her running again. (courtesey of the "Cuda Count")

Quick Reply: New Year's Day "Fun Run"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.