Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91383-ripped-off-again-my-national-marine-story.html)

GLH 11-30-2004 07:50 AM

Re: Ripped Off Again, my NATIONAL MARINE STORY!!!

Originally Posted by CASH BAR
I just wanna see the "good" side of this industry for ONCE!

Greg,
Unfortunately your part of a growing club that got "National Marined" I hope you can get "something" back, I would not hang my hat on that however.

I am lucky enough in dealing with Phil at Lip-Ship that has always been straight forward, truthfull and if anything more concerned about my boat than even I have been if that is possible. Any dealings I have had with him and his exeptional staff have been without reproach.

For "do dahhhs" well the old fart in Cheraw, SC (Too Old) can't be beat, now if he'd sent his freaking bills faster than four months after you get crap maybe I could pump out a descent cahflow projection!!!

DaveP 11-30-2004 08:48 AM

As amazing as this next statement sounds - can you believe that BH is trying to partner up with someone else in the biz and is trying to sell boats again? He was hanging out at a high perf. "establishment" in Miami during the Ft. Lauderdale boatshow. Some of his former cronies were walking around the show with that business's shirts on too.

Who in their right mind would deal with that scumbag?

The good news is that by Sunday the guy he was trying to parter with kicked his ass to the curb. :D :D :D

CigDaze 11-30-2004 10:32 AM

Unfukkinbelievable. That sucks Greg! :mad:
That was a beautiful boat. :(

Tantrum 11-30-2004 10:38 AM

Im sorry for your mess
As much of a screwing as you took, you did the right thing by not burning the old owner who apparently also got F'ed.
I hope it all works out in the end for you.

Interceptor 11-30-2004 11:11 AM

What has happened to all business ethics is amazing and the marine industry seems to attract a larger share of unethical participants then other markets. I'm constantly amazed at the stories about manufacturers in serious financial positions not building boats on schedule or not building them at all. Dealers selling boats they don't own and lending institutions possibly involved in the scams. Transient engine builders using unknown internal components. Questionable drive manufacturers.
I'm not real smart on the buy/sell/finance game and how the dealers and lenders interact but didn't the bad guys know their scam was doomed at some point in time ? and did they do it knowing their gain exceeded the potential fines ?

ed

Indy 11-30-2004 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Fever Mike
I have heard several of the National horro story's and one that I know personally. I just shake my head that National (Bill) has gotten away with all this mess!

Is this guy really off the hook with all the mess he's created? Is this true?

Cash Bar 11-30-2004 12:53 PM

Thanks for all of the support. There are many of us victims(some still quiet) that appreciate it.

BAF, Bill I will call you, I was gonna send some pics of the boat from KW anyway. $th overall by the way. Thanks again.

TO, I've spoken to Robert before, I almost bought a PQ 22' Razor from him in '02. Great guy!

Greg

BankerFriend 11-30-2004 01:20 PM

Read this carefully, I am only going to tell you one time and this will be my only post.

It is the Banks Fudiciary Duty to obtain Title BEFORE Funds are transferred.

Now call your attorney and stop letting the banks push you around.

GLH 11-30-2004 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by BankerFriend
Read this carefully, I am only going to tell you one time and this will be my only post.

Bingo

Audiofn 11-30-2004 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by BankerFriend

That is great but he is still out his deposit :(