Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lost Prop in Key West (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91537-lost-prop-key-west.html)

AugiePensa 12-03-2004 08:05 AM

Re: Lost Prop in Key West

That's why we only say that we have a Jersey Boyz SURPRISE. Up here in Jersey City, they teach that in the school system...shut your mouth and talk without moving your lips, and Deny everything!

FunHome 12-03-2004 02:08 PM

Dave, Any word yet?????

FunHome 12-03-2004 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by yss
Please post that picture!

I would.....but, it's not mine!! It's a buddy of mine, who took that shot!!! I'm trying to get ahold of him because he has some pretty amazing other shots as well, he was about 3 feet closer to the action than me!!! :eek:

10x 12-04-2004 08:15 AM

Dave..... It's such a real shame that there are MORONS like this that try to benefit from other people's sorrows. Personally....... I don't really think this a$$hole has anything, and he's only trying to put salt on a wound.
Did you try looking with a diver in the area that some of the guys here said they seen it come off? I have a feeling that will be time well spent. Just my $.02

Augie...... :eek: I know you're not kiddin. If I did'nt know better, I'd swear that you grew up with me back in the ol' neighborhood, Cicero Ill. You just have a unique way of putting it. Do you remember the phone conversation we had on the thursday before the NYC poker run? I was with Chi-Town Hustler, and you were giving me directions on how to get to Liberty landing. I think Mark and I called you a few times when I thought we were lost.
Sorry we missed you at the run, I would've liked to have met you in person. Seem'd like we had alot of similiar thoughts.
THANKS for the PERFECT directions BTW. Frank

AugiePensa 12-04-2004 09:11 AM

Frankie, my word is the only thing I have. Dave is a personal friend of mine and The Jersey Boyz...WHATEVER we can do to help him will be done. I think this Rat Ba$tard is as you say, adding salt , but with The Miami Boyz (Frankie and Albert) sturring things up down South something will give. On a nicer note anytime you need me you got the number.

bojoe2 12-04-2004 03:47 PM

augie in postt 33 i couldnt of said it or as we say (say nothing) any better in nj lol

BankerRon 12-05-2004 07:57 PM

Funhome's film is great!!!!! It looks like you guys are going to run right over them!!! Hope you find the prop and the guy gives it back without requesting anything.

RedDog382 12-06-2004 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by OTIS311
Saw it fly up in the air then back into the water. I dont think you can see bottom right in that area though. there is alot of current and moving water in that area. The location described is dead on where you lost the prop though

I did some search and rescue drills in the harbor there in Key West for my rescue diver course during race weekend a couple years ago. You probably would have a hard time seeing a prop from the surface, but it wouldn't be too difficult to find scuba diving if it didn't bury itself in the bottom. Visibility is 10-20 feet once below the surface.

There are a lot of people who are in the diving industry down there who could have easily slipped in unnoticed and recovered it. I'll check with my dive instructor. He seems to know about EVERYTHING that happens down there.

KiloKat 12-06-2004 04:44 PM

Just an update to let you know that John and I haven't heard back from the man yet. Still hopeful that he will hear from someone that we want to talk with him again. Thanks to everyrone for all of your helpful comments. Will keep you posted.

kitten 12-06-2004 08:43 PM

Too sad indeed....Hope you get somewhere with
this, btw, ... thanks for the tee shirt.... You are too nice to
your fans, we appreciate you! cw :p