Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91560-had-kid-pull-out-front-me-tonight.html)

Waterfoul 12-01-2004 10:12 PM

Re: Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight

Yeah, I know Jon... airbag or not I would have been in a lot worse shape, and wouldn't have driven away from it.

RollWithIt 12-01-2004 10:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your truck. At least you are ok. The truck is less important.

Waterfoul 12-01-2004 10:13 PM

Michigan is No-Fault. Pay your own deductable. Pay your own rental. I believe the most I can recover from his insurance company is like $500-700 or so.

And I really can't aford a claim right now... I'm sooo close to being standard insurance again.

jtmiller02 12-01-2004 10:58 PM

He's sure as sh*t lucky it wasn't me... I would have hit the gas. I learned my lesson already, its gonna hurt either way, but if it aint totaled, the no-lube anal pounding from the insurance companies is gonna be a lot worse. Even when it is their fault and they "have to pay" its still a royal screwing from 2 insurance companies including your own.

Risk Taker 12-01-2004 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Thank god the sticker didnt get damaged!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Waterfoul 12-01-2004 11:07 PM

JTMiller, kinda why I'm leaning towards just fixing it myself.

mcollinstn 12-01-2004 11:28 PM

Could somebody explain that "no fault" stuff to me. Makes no sense if Foul described it properly. Why the hell would anybody carry ANY liability insurance if the other guy's covered the damage you caused?

Or is it just the deductible and rental part that is all weird?

mcollinstn 12-02-2004 12:42 AM

I had a fat lady in a powder blue Chevette pull out in front of my 78 Blazer. I knew there were cars to my left and no room to stop. The b!tch pulled out from the right and then stopped dead sideways in my lane. There was a phone pole and a traffic light box behind her so there was no place to try to sweve behind her...

I had a gearcase to a 79 Black Max in the passenger seat, and the howling attempt to stop knocked it into the floorboard where it crushed the sandwiches in my brown bag lunch. Hadn't scrubbed too much speed when I nailed her. The car to my left gave me enough leeway to keep from pegging her dead center into the cigarette smoking face that stared at me with big fat eyeballs. So I hit her in the front end, just ahead of the front axle centerline. She spun three or four complete revolutions, according to the witnesses. Her head blew out her side window, but was otherwise okay, except for the smoldering remains of the cigarette that was now hanging in her bouffant hairdo..

My damage was moderate, but the Blazer was entirely driveable. The Chevette was not. She filed on MY insurance, and told them I ran a redlight. I disputed it, and filed my claim on my underinsured motorist coverage. Took 18 months, but I got my deductible back from the settlement my ins had with her and hers.

Best of luck with yours.

Wasabe 12-02-2004 01:36 AM

:D

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Thank god the sticker didnt get damaged!!!!

I'm glad you are okay. The kid I hope he gets it where the doesn't shine.

Formula Outlaw 12-02-2004 06:50 AM

"Fowl" glad you weren't hurt. Driving down here right now is just ludicrous. I've been stuck in traffic jams because of accidents three days in a row. In a span of three weeks traffic has increased five fold.

And most of the "bluehairs" are so medicated it's worse than the drunk drivers.

I agree with not giving your insurance company ANY reason to stick it to you.