Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight >

Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight

Notices

Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight

Old 12-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight

i dissagree with comments about gunning it and hitting the kid. if you hurt or kill someone in a accident even though it's there fault , you will always remember it. you did your best to avoid the accident. that's what counts , for every action there is a reaction- sheetmetal can always be repaired. sometimes bodies cannot.

i have avoided sooo many potentially very bad accidents due to morons on the road. i'm usually hoarse for a day or 2 from screaming. but it's better than reading the obituaries.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
Could somebody explain that "no fault" stuff to me. Makes no sense if Foul described it properly. Why the hell would anybody carry ANY liability insurance if the other guy's covered the damage you caused?

Or is it just the deductible and rental part that is all weird?
I would like to understand this too. Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Michigan is No-Fault. Pay your own deductable. Pay your own rental. I believe the most I can recover from his insurance company is like $500-700 or so.

And I really can't aford a claim right now... I'm sooo close to being standard insurance again.
NJ is also no-fault. When I got hit, last three times, I filed my claim through their ins company, not mine, with no deductible. When you call them tell them you may visit a Dr in the afternoon for back and neck pain, you'll have your check fed-ex by tomorrow morning. Just make sure you have a copy of the police report that you'll be willing to fax them.

Don't back down, when my wife's Lexus got hit they were trying to settle for $800 less then what MY choice in shops wanted to fix the damage. She pushed them and got it fully covered, including replacing parts that the ins company said cold be fixed.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Registered

Glad your ok Mike. I believe the ''power of the sticker'' saved you from an even worse fate.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Sorry to hear about this Mike. I was just in an accident a few weeks ago. Still not sure of the outcome. I had some idiot slam on the brakes at a yellow light; when he said he saw me coming behind him and knew I did not have enough room to stop. I ended up sliding into another lane and hit someone totally uninvolved. I am sure the jackass in front of me was trying to get hit.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That sucks
Old 12-02-2004, 10:18 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks 'foul!! I actually hate driving anymore with all ofthe a-holes out on the streets!!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Registered

Thats a tough spot. You can buy the replacement for these lowers because they rust so fast. I don't think you can pull it. I would fix it myself too and still sue the kid. Now this is a not at fault accident, your ins co. may not ding you and with a police report dated after the policy they can't say anything, unles you and the officer were working together and he/she would never risk a job for a fender bender. I think you should at least try the ins.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Corrado
I think the sticker definitely helped.
We Indiana folks don't like to drive in Mich cause of the " no fault" insurance.
When we see Mich plates down here we form an agry mob to run them back up north.
Who are you kidding Tommy, you always have an angry mob ready to go.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thing you have quick reflexes.

A guy at work had his wifes BMW hit almost head on buy a 17 year old kid in a 2002 Jeep Cherokee. The kid ran though a red light, swerved around two other cars before hitting my friends car carrying his wife and daughter on their way to church. The kid hit so hard that he drove over part of the hood, flipped end over end twice, then slid on his roof for 30+ yards. Fortunately nobody was hurt. Surprising, isn't it.
Funny thing is, the kid didn't carry enough insurance to cover the repair of the BMW.
How could a person diving a vehicle that new have so little insurance?

Quick Reply: Had a kid pull out in front of me tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.