Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SunseekerNY's Story, Very Sad (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91564-sunseekernys-story-very-sad.html)

T2x 12-02-2004 10:16 AM

Re: SunseekerNY's Story, Very Sad

Rest in Peace.........

Chatim Racing 12-02-2004 11:12 AM

Incredibly sad...

I am having a mass said for her at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Boca Raton FL.

May she rest in peace...

Jamie B. 12-02-2004 12:56 PM

Thats a tough read . . . puts a lump in my throat . . . and I didnt even know her.

puder 12-02-2004 01:35 PM

jen was a freind of mine and she will be missed. She and I worked together on a number of projects including sunseekerny.com. Despite a few dramatic occruances she was a good person with a good heart and meant only goodwill towards everyone.

In recent months we had only spoken a few times but most of the time she sounded very upbeat and as if she was gettign on the right path. I know she was attending church fairly regularly and in a 12 step to help maintain her sobriety. In fact I spoke with her saturday night and she sounded ok. We had even made plans for monday night to visit a mutual friend of our's who is in the hospital recovering from surgery. When i spoke with she really didnt; say anything that was alarming. Which made the news tha tmuch harder to believe.

I do know that despite her depression she had recently made peace with god and had found a significant and giuding belief in religeon. My only hope is that she has finally found peace and is no longer suffering.

In her heart she was a good person and will be missed by all who knew her.

puder 12-02-2004 01:40 PM

let me add one other thing. take a minute to look at her website and the photos she had on it. She was alwasy loved taking photos of fun time and especially boat racing. She truly loved the rumble of race engines and the thrill of racing.

there is some sad stuff on her site, but there are a lot more pictures and memories from the good times.

http://www.usapowerboating.com

fund razor 12-02-2004 02:01 PM

I didn't know her. But I've known people like her.
I looked at the webpages. I read the posts.
She seems like so many people that I have known. She even graduated from HS the same year as me and was the same age that I am.

This story got to me. I don't know why. It's an unfortunate reminder that everybody has things inside to get past. No matter what is going on with the outside.
She was obviously a stunning woman. And maybe too smart and sensitive for her own good.
I found a quote on one of the webpages. It says something like "The God in me sees the God in you."

I wish that somebody had been able to help her see the God in herself.

Yep. This one got to me.

May the soul of Jennifer and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

Allan4 12-02-2004 02:32 PM

Speechless..... :( :( :(

God Speed to all, this is the saddest thing I have ever encountered on OSO, by far.

I vaguley remember her screen name, but regardless, no less of a loss. Just a horriffic thing to learn of...

Ms PatriYacht 12-02-2004 02:40 PM

I looked at much of her site, she was beautiful, and it looked like she had so much going for her. This is very hard to understand and just so terribly sad.

Hauling Trash 12-02-2004 02:57 PM

:( :( :(

magnuman 12-02-2004 03:24 PM

Very tragic. :(
Rest in Peace.