Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Positive Influence People in our Industry (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91578-positive-influence-people-our-industry.html)

Interceptor 12-02-2004 11:11 AM

Re: Positive Influence People in our Industry

I've used Boatfix.com for years for marine parts. They don't get into high performance stuff but you cannot beat their service and support for just about anything marine related. Their site also has some very good maintenance articles.
Owner George Van Parys is base in New Jersey. I'd guess he and Fred Cecil have a lot in common.
ed

Chris288 12-02-2004 11:42 AM

Brian ( Martiniboat) was a pleasure to do business with also, answered all my questions and he rushed me a set of tabs and delievered them directly to the factory.

Nykamp 12-02-2004 11:52 AM

Mark Adams with Marine Managment, great guy with great boats for sale no B.S.

Brad 12-02-2004 12:11 PM

Martin Marine
I have bought two Cigarette from Glen and Ralph Martin. They have been a pleasure to deal with and always did what they said they would do. I never had any issues with the paperwork on the sales and they were always there for me when I needed assistance. Ralph and Glen have always treated me like family and have gone out of there way to make my trips to south Florida more enjoyable. Glen has picked me up many times at the airport and taken time out of his day to help me get my boat in the water years after the initial sale. In addition to the courtesy they have shown me they have an incredible depth of knowledge about boats within their organization.

Martin Offshore
Hot Duck already spoke about Tres being a straight shooter. Tres has gone above and beyond to the call of duty when I had issues with my boat. Once he sent a mechanic from Ft. Lauderdale to Key West to fix a warranty problem with my Cigarette during a poker run. The mechanic was professional and had the boat fixed before the next days events.

SpeedGirl 12-02-2004 12:17 PM

Don't forget Steve at Offshore Only!!!!! :evilb:

Sydwayz 12-02-2004 12:25 PM

Yep, I was gonna say Jeffrey Cheng for creating OSO and Steve Shuble for developing it.

Brad 12-02-2004 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Yep, I was gonna say Jeffrey Cheng for creating OSO and Steve Shuble for developing it.

They have definitely changed how to get the best info on our favorite sport. Long Live OSO :cool:

throttleup 12-02-2004 01:36 PM

I agree!

Julie

stecz20 12-02-2004 01:45 PM

tres and glen martin have been great. i call them for everything, and will continue to do so. stecz

bglz42 12-02-2004 02:22 PM

I've got to throw in a vote for Kenny at Velocity... great guy, always helpful! :drink:

Jim