Positive Influence People in our Industry >

Positive Influence People in our Industry

Notices

Positive Influence People in our Industry

Old 12-02-2004, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Positive Influence People in our Industry

Every single person that I have spoke with through OSO has been a tremendous help.
I have to add, Carolina Performance and Fountain. I've called Fountain on more than one occassion with questions and each person was very helpful (even returned phone calls). Carolina Performance sent me my trailer title (the previous buyer had a balance on it) without hesitation and no cost to me.
To me, a positive influence doesn't mean that they will give the store away. Simply that they do what they say, return phone calls, and abandon the bull****.
Old 12-02-2004, 09:27 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Brownie at Stainless Marine...
Everyone I've met at TNT...
Pierre at Hideaway Marina...
Hector from Cigarette...
Everyone at Hydromotive..
Nunez family at Pantera (They've been especially helpful to me)

All good people.

You guys are right... In a small specialized industry, which is unfortunately flooded with crooks and thiefs..... We need to point out the good guys to deal with.
Cheers to those of us that make an honest effort.
Attached Thumbnails Positive Influence People in our Industry-jo.jpg  
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 12-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Positive Influence People in our Industry

Howard Arneson. He is the man. Still holds the Miss. N.O. to St Louis record. I promise you he has driven more hours over 150 m.p.h. in a boat than anyone alive. He is a marvel, always there to help, and still going strong at 80 years young.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Banned

I've found Formula Boats and McCleod Interiors to be very helpful.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:36 PM
Registered

Although I am no longer involved in the business, I will give my $ .02. with the thread........IT'S ABOUT TIME (great thread Eddie) that a thread comes up about the good people in the industry get the credit they deserve.

In the 15 years I was involved with the performance boat industry (insurance), most of the people I met and/or had dealings (friendships) with are first rate.....

The horror stories you read about here are about fly by night wannabe's.

The Cozzis, Doller's, Lip-Ships, Martins, Nor-Techs (Schou/Sobo), Adams, McManus's, Livorsi's, Pilini's (Spectre) of the business (sorry if I missed anyone) are very special people....It was a total pleasure to have known you all........
Old 12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He's "retired" now, but in a world populated by snakes (and far worse) Bobby Moore steered me and many others along the straight and narrow path of honest folks. He's now a lifelong friend and opens his house to me whenever I'm in North Carolina.

Also:
Anyone at Formula, but especially Scott Porter - a true gem of a man.
The OSO gang (well - except SuperCrash and a few other "notables".)
Fred Cecil (Too Old) - the voice of reason.
Dave Patnaude of NJPPC - the best of people.
Ocke Mannerfelt (of BatBoat fame) - Incredibly intelligent and diverse; fascinating.
Forrest Barber - for infinite hospitality and intensity.
John Tomlison and Mike Thomas - For being so very professional.
Troutly - for being such a good sport.
My wife (Woo-Hoo!!) - for being the best First Mate in the world....
Old 12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Bobby Moore .
Yup....Man how did i forget this man.....thanks C.....
Old 12-03-2004, 02:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Oops. I forget to mention one really important person. I consider them to be in the marine industry because they build boat trailers, but how about Bill and the entire crew at Myco? I have owned several of their trailers and I have had nothing but good experiences with them. They are great to work with, they build a fantastic product and they deliver it on time. Thank you Myco!

Myco Trailers
Old 12-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Registered

Fred Cecil who has helped, offered suggestions, and just been so helpful in way "TOO" many ways. Thanks Fred.

Our own member "Gusman" aka SMS Mobile Marine Service who has helped me in putting Outlaw back together, especially considering some of it wasn't much fun, and ruing a pair of shoes in the process. I owe him some sneakers.

Formula Customer Service

Kenny at Eddie Marine who sent me all my brackets and gaskets including four extra for my spacers, at no charge.

And most of all, 99% of the members of our Board who offer help and suggestions and make this such an addictive place to be. Thank you all.....

The Sarasota Hyatt Hotel who has helped in so many ways in our boat races and poker runs.

City Council Member Lou Ann Palmer who is our personal "bodyguard" against any attempt at screwing with our 10th St. Boat Ramps.

Jim "Rambo" Christman who headed the "Raise the Bridge" group that got our new US 41 bridge doubled in height and quadrupled the width of the boat passageway under the new bridge. This will open up our entire area to medium size cruisers and the fishing guys with "tee tops". WE (RAise the Bridge) fought the Sarasota County Commissioners, The FDOT, The Venice Chamber of Commerce, the Nokomis Area Civic Association, we fought everyone, and yet with the Coast Guard on our side, we kicked their azz and got our new higher, wider bridge. "Rambo" probably spent a thousand hours or more. It was one of the most successful "grass roots efforts" ever. WE WON......

And Cuda for being such a good friend.

Troutly for keeping our "favorite" section in "order" as the official librarian.

Wasabe for just being herself.

And of course the Board Gods of OSO for making all this possible.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Allan4

Charlie Amann (Merlin540) is a great drive repair and upgrade guy to use. Great prices, quick and does the work correctly. I know literally dozens of guys who have used him for different things and we all never hestitate to use him over and over and over and over.... His shop is White Oak Auto and Marine in Cincy.

www.agitatoraoffshore.com

Quick Reply: Positive Influence People in our Industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.