Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Positive Influence People in our Industry (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91578-positive-influence-people-our-industry.html)

Edward R. Cozzi 12-02-2004 09:02 AM

Positive Influence People in our Industry

I'd like to start a thread about the Good People in our High Performance boat world. We hear plenty about the scammers and crooks, but how about the honorable people who go out of their way to be "Stand-up" and honest. You know, the Fred Cecils, Fred Kiekhaefers and the Scott Smiths of this business.

Simple rule: The justification for listing this person or company must be something that happened to YOU. Not something you heard.

This may not be "Troutly Popcorn worthy," but the Scott Summerals of the world get more attention than the good guys.

To start off this thread I'd like to tell you about Mindi Doller and the crew at Doller Offshore Marine.

Mindi Doller is truly a credit to the boat business. Her crew is the best bunch of professionals in our area. They have sent empty trailers to the boat ramps several times for me after hours and on Sundays when gremlins have decided to invade my world.
Mindi personally has met me at Doller, or arranged to have one of her guys meet me, after hours and on weekends, so I can buy a part I need to get somebody rolling again.
They constantly go beyond the call of duty for their customers and are a fitting company to lead off this thread.

Chris288 12-02-2004 09:34 AM

Re: Positive Influence People in our Industry

The Guys at Sunsation, you couldn't ask for better customer service, more people should follow their lead.. :)

Semper Fi 12-02-2004 09:44 AM

Trick Marine :drink:
G.S. Marine, Corona, CA. (Greg Schumacher) :drink:
Terry Sobo (Nortech) :drink:

What a shame it's so short of a list :(

X-Rated30 12-02-2004 09:57 AM

Brad Fortney
The Brokerage Shop
336-656-9999

As well as being an OSO advertiser, Brad went against his policy of not listing older boats when he took mine on. Not only did he get it sold, he got it sold quickly. It took about four months, and he got me the buyer for the price I was asking. That is better than most of the boat selling stories I have heard.

Brad, If you read this, I haven't forgotten the listing contract. :cool:

lucky strike 12-02-2004 10:10 AM

I have personally done business with Mindy Doller, and I must say that Doller Marine
is by far worthy of being at the top of this list. She stood behind what they did for me even after the warranty was up. She gives 110% to her customers all the time.

Steve Berk aka Lucky Strike

Hot Duck 12-02-2004 10:14 AM

There are two places that I will recommend without hesitation. They are Martin Offshore and Lip-Ship Performance. I have worked fairly extensively with Tres and the crew at Martin Offshore on the Apache project and they have been great every step of the way. I have to say the same thing about Phil and his crew at Lip-Ship. I worked quite a bit with them on both of the race boats and they were fantastic. From my personal experiences, both guys and both shops are 100% straight up and the customer service from both is phenomenal. I have had limited experiences with other shops that were great as well, but I have had a lot of exposure to Martin Offshore and Lip-Ship in particular and you really can't go wrong working with either one.

Lip-Ship Performance

Martin Offshore

Indy 12-02-2004 10:26 AM

Bennett Marine...Top notch customer service and committment to their product. They went above and beyond for me.

Livorsi...Same thing, customer service excellence and friendly to work with. They have earned my repeat business.

SummerObsession 12-02-2004 10:45 AM

Another name to put on this list is DCB.
I bought my boat used through the factory, and I could not have been happier with the experience.
The boat was brought by the previous owner to the factory for detail and clean up prior to my arrival, and when I saw it for the first time it looked new.
There was a problem on the sea trial with an oil filter mount that resuted in some very minor cosmetic damage to the filter mount and the crankshaft pulley.
I had replacement parts in my hand within two days, and they promised to pay the repair bill no matter how much it was or where I chose to take it.

It was very minor work and I chose to take care of it myself (took about 30 minutes, no big deal).

Dave told me personally that he would not be hapy with the sale until I was 110% satisfied with my boat and their work.
Great people, great company, great product. I would never hesitate to buy another boat from them!

I too have had great service with several mentioned in the above posts, most notably Tres Martin in a new boat purchase and Fred Cecil for parts. Both have my business no matter what.

Also, for anyone at or near Lake of the Ozarks, all of my business regarding service, repair, or anything else boat related, goes to Central Power and Rigging. Period.
I would not even think of going anywhere else. Scott and Reuben are great to deal with, the prices are fair, and their service is outstanding.

SLIP AWAY 12-02-2004 11:01 AM

Not high performance related but definitely industry worthy:

SurfSide 3 Marina is a Sea Ray Dealer and many other boat brands, with locations in CT, NY and on Long Island, great bunch of people.

I'll make it short and sweet, they know how to treat people! I purchased from them and anyone I recommended, all say the same thing, great customer service!

PhantomChaos 12-02-2004 11:06 AM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=55112