Notices

#6 Drives Polished or ??

Old 12-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: #6 Drives Polished or ??

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Hey, just e-mail them to me and I'll post them up!

In regards to Minden/Gardnerville, how far is it to Tahoe and how is it as far as launch ramps, slips, etc? Isn't there another smaller lake nearby too?
Its about 15 minutes east of Tahoe, there a couple ways to get there from G-ville I have to take the longer way about 25-30 minutes due to the size of my boat and the mountain passes there is about 15-20 ramps the one I use is main Cave Rock but it can be hairy in the afternoon for smaller boats. Tahoe Keys is nice but expensive to launch and if your not back by dark they will not let you load your boat. Sand Harbor is really nice but when the lake get's low, it get's really shallow. Come on up this spring summer and boat with the miss's and I, by the way my father is a Real State Agent at the same office as MissTahoe

Last edited by SSTahoe; 12-03-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

If you are running in fresh water they last a few months. I would hit the bottoms of my 3A's every couple of months. I have done a few pairs of drives they can be done on or off the boat. If they have been in salt alot you will have to sand them a ton, it's a big dirty job.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

2cents,the housing arent that heavy to start with so dont polish off any alum.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Registered

Here's my take on the deal, if you are in fresh water most of the time, you're OK, if you're in the salt, you'll be polishing every weekend. The drives on MEDICINE MAN were raw from the start and if you tried to polish them smooth, you would remove about 0.200" of aluminum, serious weakness On the 41 I keep the drives painted, but it is a constant maintenance deal. I ran all summer in fresh water with no problems, went to Key West and took the paint off the lowers, go figure . Just my $0.02 worth. Would I polish the drives now, NO, I like the painted look.

Robert
Old 12-04-2004, 07:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exactly!!! Polishing for salt water is to much work,there is to much work to do already..polishing is no 20 min. job if done right..I am painting my next set...do painted drives hold up over 100 on cats??
Old 12-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTahoe
Its about 15 minutes east of Tahoe, there a couple ways to get there from G-ville I have to take the longer way about 25-30 minutes due to the size of my boat and the mountain passes there is about 15-20 ramps the one I use is main Cave Rock but it can be hairy in the afternoon for smaller boats. Tahoe Keys is nice but expensive to launch and if your not back by dark they will not let you load your boat. Sand Harbor is really nice but when the lake get's low, it get's really shallow. Come on up this spring summer and boat with the miss's and I, by the way my father is a Real State Agent at the same office as MissTahoe
I'll definately take you up on the summer boating offer.

I'm probably going to take a trip up in January some time to look at land and the town. I'll let you and Miss SS know the dates. Maybe she can find some lots to look at.

-Al
Old 12-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
I'll definately take you up on the summer boating offer.

I'm probably going to take a trip up in January some time to look at land and the town. I'll let you and Miss SS know the dates. Maybe she can find some lots to look at.

-Al
Just let us know!.. There a couple other lakes in the area too, Topaz Lake-good for water skiing and laid back boating days- a little boring though, Laughton Lake-nice lake for all water sports, camp right on the water with your boat pretty good size lake too, Pyramid OK I guess really never been there though. We are only 1:45/2:00 hours to the Delta, and about 4/5 hours to Shasta. So it is really a good central spot. But I have to warn you it will be really cold when you come in January!! Nothing a couple hot totties cant fix.
Chris