Earnhardt #3 Movie

Old 12-11-2004, 10:45 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Originally Posted by Zanie
Overall it was pretty good.
Yeah, but I think I need to go buy the DVD to get the real feel for it.

With so many commercials, it just destroyed the whole feeling of the movie...

DVD comes out on the 14th with many extras thrown in on it.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-12-2004, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the movie was good. I have to agree on the commercials. They have the DVD coming out on December 14th for sale with 2 hours of interviews, etc. I'm going to try and get my hands on one. I thought the last scene where he waited for his father at the gate was a beautiful ending.

Yes, it did show that Teresa was a major influence. There are two things I wished were shown and/or explained more. One, they didn't touch the DEI Enterprises facet. I think that would have been a major concept after showing the whole trailer side of the story. From nothing to DEI. I really think that should have been in there.

The other thing is, Dale Sr. seemed to end up with custody of the kids. Not quite sure how or when that happened (can anybody fill me in here?). But Teresa was shown to really love those kids. She must be an amazing woman on many levels that I never appreciated before.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

I watched it. D.E. was and is one of my top 3 heroes. The movie was o.k., but I am biased , I would think anything about the" Intimidator" is great. Tim Richmond used to hang around the worlds in Key West in the 80's. He spent some late nights with us on Duval. Too bad he's gone too. The man could drive almost better than he partied.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Banned

I missed the movie. DE was the reason I first became interested in Nascar. Back in 85 or so, he and Jeff Bodine were going at it pretty good. A reporter asked him if he was going to make up with Bodine. Dale said, "Well, I was thinking of taking him hunting, but I'd make him wear antlers". When pressed more Dale said, "I just ain't got nothing good to say about that pea brained Yankee." It was his personality and driving skills that got me watching Nascar. I tell you this, if I owned a race car, he'd be the guy I want driving it. He never brought any bullets back in his gun. He got all out of a car they sent him to the track with.

The last race I watched was the race he was killed. I remember thinking I hope he doesn't get wrecked blocking for his teamate on that last lap.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

Can you imagine a drive saying those comments now days? Nascar would fine them 50k and dock 25 points. Way too sanitized these days for my taste.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought the movie was pretty good.I liked the racing in the 80's and earley 90's. I hate some of the rules like the "Lucky Dog Rule" There is no other sport that lets an opponent have something for free because they are losing. I wonder how the championship would have turned out the past two years without that rule. I remember when guys like Elliot and Earnhart, raced their way back from laps down to earn a win. To much sponsership garbage comes out of their mouths. If i here another driver or crew chief say how proud of his team he is or how hard they work, i think i am going to put my fist through the tv.. How about, my damn engine blew up on lap 4 and i freaking pissed as hell... Time to start being real.... I still watch when i have nothing better to do, but not near as much as i once did.......
Old 12-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Registered

Interesting scene with T. Wayne exercising his influence, putting DE in the Childress car.Probably no one did more to keep NASCAR afloat during the 70s & 80s.It's too easy to forget just how bad the economy was then and how difficult it was finding money to support a team. No big tv contract then. I recall Richard Childress writing checks and his wife Linda going around and asking people not to cash them for a week or two. They all earned the success they now enjoy.

Popeyes mentioned Tim Richmond. Now there's a "what if..."
Old 12-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonnie Outlaw
The other thing is, Dale Sr. seemed to end up with custody of the kids. Not quite sure how or when that happened (can anybody fill me in here?). But Teresa was shown to really love those kids. She must be an amazing woman on many levels that I never appreciated before.
Brendas house burnt down and they didnt have anywhere to go for a while. Thats when they moved in with Dale Sr. He had the resources at that point and their mom didnt.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:03 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

I gave it a two thumbs up. A lot of history there to cram into just two hours though.

Like many... I too started watching Nascar because of Dale. I remember all the older folks back then (late 80's) complaining about what a rough driver he was. The younger crowd was loving it, we loved watching the excitement and drama, Dale putting a bumper on somebody in the turn... awesome. The "pass in the grass".... and Nascar black flagging him for rough driving at Bristol, then coming back from 2 laps down to win it.

Yeah, it sure has changed... I used to be glued to the TV Sunday afternoons, would VCR the races if I couldn't. Now, I can hardly keep awake during a race.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Team V
Yeah, it sure has changed... I used to be glued to the TV Sunday afternoons, would VCR the races if I couldn't. Now, I can hardly keep awake during a race.

Isn't that the sad truth!

Quick Reply: Earnhardt #3 Movie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.