Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Earnhardt #3 Movie (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91712-earnhardt-3-movie.html)

clearcut3 12-15-2004 10:10 PM

Re: Earnhardt #3 Movie

We had just finish watching the race and we were playing a$$hole (I wasn't working on Monday)...for you hardcore drinkers you know what a$$hole is :drink: . I found out that Clemson (my alma mater) beat #1 UNC in basketball and we started to crank it up. Then we heard that Dale was gone.

We all just kind of sat around in silence drinking for a few hours after that. I remember the next morning I had a new #3 hat on and I put it on the dash of my truck. When people passed me they would give me the thumbs up and wave and all kind of crazy chit for weeks. I left that hat on the dash of my truck so long the sun started to fade it out. After about 8 months I finally took it off and brought it in the house to retire it from duty :( . That day in February is one I will never forget. Ironically it didn't take NASCAR very long to die, in my eyes, after that day. :(

ratman 12-15-2004 11:33 PM

earnhart was a dirty driver "thats racin" is what he always said after hitting an opponent in the azz that was in front of him and spinning them out of the way to win. they wouldn't tolerate that crap in real racing with rules and a governing body the doesn't kiss azz on its drivers. carma got him in the end for all the crapper driving tactics he used throughout his carreer. "the intimidator" he intimidated the other drivers because they new he was a dirty b'stard that would hit them in the rear end and chrash them out of his way if he caught 'em. dale wasn't a good enough driver to wipe michael shumacher's azz. nascar racins crap anyway saving the car for 480 miles then racin for the last twenty. in f1 they race 110% or until they blow up, crash or win. real race cars don't have pushrods or carbs. thank you

ratman 12-15-2004 11:36 PM

aren't most nascar fans BIG pro wrestling fans as well? i'll stick with F1 and ultimate fighting... the real deals. ratman

Racegirl3 12-16-2004 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ratman
aren't most nascar fans BIG pro wrestling fans as well? i'll stick with F1 and ultimate fighting... the real deals. ratman

Um no. But we believe in America, buy American, and support our troops. We can spell and pronounce ALL of our drivers names. Can you?

Racegirl3 12-16-2004 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by formulaz583
Race Girl,

I hope you didn't think my comment about going to DEI was aimed at you. It wasn't by any means. It was aimed at that azzhole Florida Dan.

No offence taken. Everything you said was accurate.

BTW, I was home, watching the race. Thought it was weird but never dreamed it was bad. Junior running scared me. Ken Schrader motioning for help and then backin away from the car scared me. I still didnt think it was that bad. I had to leave for a while and got back home right after they made the press announcement. We sat on the couch in shock. My brother came running in the door, he had just heard the news. We sat and watched the news over and over. My brother turned to me and said "what do we do? I feel like we have lost a family member and we should do something".

I been a big Junior fan since 1998. I kept think about how bad we felt and we never knew the man. I can imagine what his friends and family were feeling........

R Addiction 12-16-2004 07:00 AM

Ditto

clearcut3 12-16-2004 07:25 AM

Sorry F1 SUX. So the little pansy can throw a 1200 pound car around a curve...those guys don't have big enough arms to turn a 4000 lb car :eek: :D :D ;)

Team V 12-16-2004 07:42 AM

Dale Sr was the Best..... Period

He kicked those pansy F1 drivers azz's in IROC on a regular basis. (For that matter everyone elses too) Same cars, equally equipped and dynoed.... NO dirty driving, pure talent.

Keep smoking the crack and try to tear a Legend down... it ain't gonna work.

R Addiction 12-16-2004 08:57 AM

Well said Team V!! :D

R Addiction 12-16-2004 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by clearcut3
I remember the next morning I had a new #3 hat on and I put it on the dash of my truck. When people passed me they would give me the thumbs up and wave and all kind of crazy chit for weeks. I left that hat on the dash of my truck so long the sun started to fade it out. After about 8 months I finally took it off and brought it in the house to retire it from duty :( .

Looks like this.........same thing. Notice the fade line from being on the dash ;)