First Trident Boat Popped From the Mold Today

Notices

First Trident Boat Popped From the Mold Today

Old 12-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: First Trident Boat Popped From the Mold Today

Info,

Looking good so far, I have been watching this project for a while now...

When is Wes going to join over here and start posting?? I would think that a lot of people on this site would be interested in the build process..
Old 12-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Steamin' Rice
Info,

Looking good so far, I have been watching this project for a while now...

When is Wes going to join over here and start posting?? I would think that a lot of people on this site would be interested in the build process..
Wes does not feel it appropriate to join up and start introducing his product. That is not cool. That is understandable. He was not aware how large and powerful this site was until I told him the other day.

I would guess after the ball is rolling faster he will do just that. He would definately do a much better job of explaining. I think he is pretty busy about now.

I volunteered the information on my own. I am excited about it.

The members here are well educated in boat building and boat manufacturers as I found out by opening up my mouth and putting in both feet. No problem, I have thick skin and will admit when I am mistaken or wrong.

Anyone care to talk engines?

Last edited by Infomaniac; 12-05-2004 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just watched the video...
This thing is unbelievable.... if you haven't seen it the download is well worth the wait... even if you are on dial up...

I'm not on dail up by the way

Wow that is cool..... I can't wait to see it done on a high performance boat... I know their boat is a family boat... but with a that technology a performance boat could be pretty cool..... but as you get stronger like that... you also get stiffer... and without any flex.... there could be catastrophic failure at the speeds I would want to achieve

Ernie
Old 12-05-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Infomaniac
Wes does not feel it appropriate to join up and start introducing his product. That is not cool. That is understandable. He was not aware how large and powerful this site was until I told him the other day.

I would guess after the ball is rolling faster he will do just that. He would definately do a much better job of explaining. I think he is pretty busy about now.

I volunteered the information on my own. I am excited about it.

The members here are well educated in boat building and boat manufacturers as I found out by opening up my mouth and putting in both feet. No problem, I have thick skin and will admit when I am mistaken or wrong.

Anyone care to talk engines?

I think it would be a good addition.. Most of the people on this forum aren't familiar with the west coast builders except for a few of the bigger ones.

I'm sure Wes will have his hands full until #1 is rigged and in the water, maybe after he gets some time on #1 he will join here and post some updates....
Old 12-05-2004, 03:43 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

just got watching the video. great stuff and i am looking forward to seeing one of these. looks like a nice operation and very professional. i'm sure we will be seeing alot from Trident in the future.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: First Trident Boat Popped From the Mold Today

Thanks for the good words folks.

Info is right, I would hate to come on here as a "new to you" guy on the forums and start spamming our boat, so I will leave that alone. I answered a few questions about the infusion process itself on the tech section, so I don't need to repeat it here and sound like a repeating jackass.

As I told Hot Boat magazine during a recent interview... this isn't new. NASA has been using it for years. Some bigger builders with far more expensive boats are delving into the resin infusion process, and that is great to see. Genmar is also doing some stuff with it, but that, from what I understand is using a male/female mold as well, and with a very, very simple hull design.

This method looks to be delivering quite a large number of benefits to us, not the least of which is approximately 1/3 the resin used of a wet layup, and nearly 1/4 the weight of some close competition per square foot of boat.

Before I get flamed for total weight comparisons with hulls, you must remember to add interior weight and floors. My wife and I picked up the deck ourselves the other day. My guess is that it weighs less than 350 pounds. Hull is no more than 750 at the big end.

Thanks for the interest, I am going back to building this thing. Thanks for posting the link Info... you are a good man.

Talk to you all later,

Wes
Old 12-06-2004, 05:43 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Very impressive...but am I missing something here? Why would you go to all this trouble and expense...to save weight on a deck boat?...Isn't that kind of like the world's lightest station wagon?

T2x
Old 12-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
Very impressive...but am I missing something here? Why would you go to all this trouble and expense...to save weight on a deck boat?...Isn't that kind of like the world's lightest station wagon?

T2x
Not with an EFI quad rotor 572 and a dual jet drive. Should get across the lake pretty good.