Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ben Kramer (whats in a name?) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91715-ben-kramer-whats-name.html)

dhlaw 12-03-2004 09:10 PM

Ben Kramer (whats in a name?)

Was he that bad of a guy?? Didi anybody here know Ben, Sal magluta or willie falcon? What the deal?

packinair 12-03-2004 09:17 PM

Re: Ben Kramer (whats in a name?)

crack kills

lucky strike 12-03-2004 09:18 PM

You've only touched the tip of the iceberg.

You missed that era........thats only three of many.

L.S.

dockrocker 12-03-2004 09:21 PM

Troutly, get in here with that popcorn!

dhlaw 12-03-2004 09:21 PM

LS, did you know these guys??

lucky strike 12-03-2004 09:25 PM

I did an a few more, if you were a racer back then, they were part of the program.
after 8 years of racing you meet alot of interesting people an they were not all from
Florida.

Edward R. Cozzi 12-03-2004 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
Was he that bad of a guy?? Didi anybody here know Ben, Sal magluta or willie falcon? What the deal?

In 1979 I went to work for Howard Quam. The boat was #45 "Flapjack" and I was to replace Keith Hazell as his throttleman. I remember Sal and Willie showing up to the after-race dinners with the most beautiful Hispanic women I'd ever seen. I didn't get to know them personally, but they were always nice to me if I ever was around. Once before a race I remember Sal telling me: "Be safe out there.". I thought that was cool because he really didn't KNOW me, just recognized I was a racer.

I didn't meet Ben until the late 1980s when I worked for Everglades Marina. Everglades had an office for a short time at Ft. Apache Marina. Our paths didn't cross again until after he was "away" and he called the Apache display at the New York boat show and I happened to answer the phone. His father liked me and obviously had told Ben because he knew who I was and was very nice to me over the phone. It was like talking to a celebrity because I had heard so much about him.

Sorry for the trip down memory lane!

FountainCS 12-03-2004 09:49 PM

This should be interesting.

Payton 12-04-2004 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Holy chit!! Here we go again. This thread will bring out some members who migrated to that 'other site', plus I bet we see a few new members register and post away.... ;)

What site would that be? Lockedupdrugdealers.com ? :D
I know of a few people that consider him a friend. I think had a lot of people that liked hanging around his money and influence. He probably was a nice guy untill you crossed him up in his "bussines".
I think he is sitting exactly where he belongs.

Comanche3Six 12-04-2004 06:47 AM

[QUOTE=d-hlaw]Was he that bad of a guy??QUOTE]
He hired a shooter to kill Don Aronow, I'd say so.