Notices

American Hotrod

Old 01-22-2005, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Re: American Hotrod

After Foose left Dodge where he designed the Prowler he went to work for Boyd, there he designed the Boydster kit, and other cars that took Boyd to the top, what I heard was he got tired of Boyd taking all the credit and working them those ridiculous hours. Foose already had his own talent. I enjoy watching the show only to see the actual manufacturing, otherwise it's a train wreck. I had a high opinion of Boyd until his life became public. Worst character is his ex wife the company comptroller...her voice makes my ears bleed.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 443 Likes on 242 Posts

i agree these shows are hard to watch none of the bikes are street legal or safe. i agree indian larry lacing a spoke wheel was very real maybe old school but takes a lot of effort i used to do it and never did master it! to bad he got killed....... but standing on the seat will crash you sooner or later
Old 01-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indian Larry got killed? I watch most of these shows and they are decent TV. As`far as Boyd, I always thought his cars were the cats ass, but I actually think less of them now that I see the inner workings of the shop. I didn't know the Foose/Boyd history until now. Boyd is an idiot in his management techniques and Dwayne is an bigger idiot. Foose is a class act and the most talented of the group. (in my opinion anyhow) And Courtney is the hottest.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Registered

Like Charlie said.... "This is not how you build a car."
Old 01-23-2005, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Chip is a class act, I like the way that he respects his family and employees, he credits everything to his dad...my dad wasnt so great so I just think thats cool. I'm more impressed with Troy Trepanier though, he too works side by side with his dad and to me his cars are more streetable, emphasis on power,stance and driveabilty, check out his site at www.radrides.com I think youll be impressed.

Agree w/ you on boyds mentality though after watching the way he dogged Charlie, seemed all he cared about was himself, told charlie to quit if he wanted, just dont go work for Chip. I would have left too.
Old 01-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Chip is a class act, I like the way that he respects his family and employees, he credits everything to his dad...my dad wasnt so great so I just think thats cool. I'm more impressed with Troy Trepanier though, he too works side by side with his dad and to me his cars are more streetable, emphasis on power,stance and driveabilty, check out his site at www.radrides.com I think youll be impressed.

Agree w/ you on boyds mentality though after watching the way he dogged Charlie, seemed all he cared about was himself, told charlie to quit if he wanted, just dont go work for Chip. I would have left too.

Well said....Coddington is the epitome of what you shouldn't do as a manager.

His show has hurt his image, not enhanced it...just like the Teutels on American Chopper.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Foose is the man today. He is one tallented MO FO. What you have to remember when you look at those cars being done in a week is you have like 20 guys working on it for 24 hours a day. Add up all the hours and it is quite a bit. Chip has an amazing eye for things you can do to a car and have it look cool. Some times he just does it with color and making a paint color change on a line of the car were no one else would do it. Other times it is a big thing like dropping the roof, or taking a head light bucket from one car and putting it on another.

If I was in the market for a hot rod there is NO WAY I would send it to Boyde's place. Same deal as OCC. Just a bunch of hacks.

Jon
Old 01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Boyd doesn't need Charley......can you say.....

"Hey Maaco!! Paint my car!"
Old 01-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tuttles are funny as hell ..and get along like the classic anerican family ..
It seems the screaming is only with the family members , not the regular employees.. Less use of the dead blow hammers on TV would benefit them greatly
Larry was a legend , and a nice guy too

Last edited by Pantera1; 08-02-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a feeling theres plenty of up and comers who would give there lefty to work for boyd coddington..That kinda thing looks good on the resume

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.