Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   American Hotrod (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91726-american-hotrod.html)

sonic31 01-23-2005 11:01 AM

Re: American Hotrod

I heard indian larry died what happen to him, i am glad charlie left, he seemed to be a smart guy who knew what he was doing. The show just goes to show that the cars are not as good as you think, some of the things they do make me think twice about wanting one of them, Boyd is an azz, he would not even shake charlies hand, good luck finding another top painter, i hear Earl Shibe is avaliable, SCREW BOYD HE SUXS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happy hours 01-23-2005 11:16 AM

Do doubt, when he would not even shake Charlie's hand I lost the very last bit of appreciation for some of the cars he has done. The man truly gots no class!

Pantera1 01-23-2005 11:27 AM

Why would you allow personal $hit like that to be filmed .. :rolleyes:

open87 01-23-2005 11:30 AM

$$$$$$$$ ????

Cord 01-23-2005 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
After Foose left Dodge where he designed the Prowler he went to work for Boyd, there he designed the Boydster kit, and other cars that took Boyd to the top, what I heard was he got tired of Boyd taking all the credit and working them those ridiculous hours. Foose already had his own talent. I enjoy watching the show only to see the actual manufacturing, otherwise it's a train wreck. I had a high opinion of Boyd until his life became public. Worst character is his ex wife the company comptroller...her voice makes my ears bleed.

Actually, I believe that Chip started at GM (I'm not sure about that), he then worked for Boyd in the late 80 (Cadzilla I know was his design) then when Boyd when bankrupt (KE style) Chip split off on his own. I believe that he rose to be president at Boyd's, which could be part of the bad blood. It's around this time that he worked for Chrysler. I suspect that this was work on a contract basis.

If you watch Overhauling closely, you see another face on there. He kinda looks like AudioFn. At first I was thinking that he was Dobbertin, but that's not him. He too is somebody famouns in the street rod world, but I don't know his name. He's been on the show a couple of times, so I suspect that he works for Foose.

While I'm on the Overhaulin' show...they really need to get two new hosts. Neither of them know squat about cars. He knows a little, but she is dumber than a box of rocks.

Pantera1 01-23-2005 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
Actually, I believe that Chip started at GM (I'm not sure about that), he then worked for Boyd in the late 80 (Cadzilla I know was his design) then when Boyd when bankrupt (KE style) Chip split off on his own. I believe that he rose to be president at Boyd's, which could be part of the bad blood. It's around this time that he worked for Chrysler. I suspect that this was work on a contract basis.

If you watch Overhauling closely, you see another face on there. He kinda looks like AudioFn. At first I was thinking that he was Dobbertin, but that's not him. He too is somebody famouns in the street rod world, but I don't know his name. He's been on the show a couple of times, so I suspect that he works for Foose.

While I'm on the Overhaulin' show...they really need to get two new hosts. Neither of them know squat about cars. He knows a little, but she is dumber than a box of rocks.

She is annoying and knows nothing of cars ..If it wasnt for her ability to wear hiphuggers shed be out of a job .. :D :crazy:

GLH 01-23-2005 10:35 PM

Cars.... please... what a waste of time...

Stick where the real HP is... under our hatches.

Wind, Waves, Multiple Blower whine and quad 4" exhaust pipes at 5500 RPM with chicks in bikinis sporting glass cutters.... Who gives a rats azz about some one engine ticket getter...

offshoredrillin 01-24-2005 06:23 AM

click the link that will spell out his life, I like the fact that he brings his drawings to life...a feat in itself.
http://www.chipfoose.com/profile.aspx?LinkID=tn6

GLH, I agree, but right now there is 8 inches of snow on the ground, my garage is a toasty 80 degrees beer in the fridge and I'm putting an outer bearing support on the belt drive of my Harley. its all fun. cept when they break...Rob

vtec 01-24-2005 08:45 AM

Courtney is one of the main features of the show(Overhauling).

Chances are..if a female can wrench.....she ain't gonna be a model.

And......I'm O.K. with hiphuggers.

fund razor 01-24-2005 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Who gives a rats azz about some one engine ticket getter...

People who live on land, maybe??
Can't walk to the marina. Can't boat on asphalt.

You must live in Venice, Italy.