Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   American Hotrod (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91726-american-hotrod.html)

cig1988 12-04-2004 06:08 AM

American Hotrod

Blue---------------------------------------------> "YOUR FIRED"

neu-rich 12-04-2004 08:05 AM

Re: American Hotrod

Boy That Guy Was A Jerk(Blue Bear)....... Boyd Was Footing The Bill $$$$ And He Just Couldn't Respect His Boss......... Glad He's Gone.....

RumRunner 12-04-2004 08:07 AM

Boyd told me back at the SEMA show that they had fired him.

I was glad to see it.

Playn 12-04-2004 08:13 AM

Glad Boyd finaly did it but that took way, way to long to do.

BajaFresh 12-04-2004 08:25 AM

As a long time hot rodder (see my avatar) I was very excited when this show came on. But after watching a couple episodes I got so turned off by all the B/S drama that I don't watch anymore. It is a shame that they have to try to copy the American Chopper/OCC format to try to get the non-car guy audience to watch these shows. Monster Garage, Monster House, all the “make over” shows all do the same thing, they have at least one azz hole on the crew just to stir things up. These shows used to be for car guys and builders and showed a lot of technical stuff. Now they don’t show anything about the actual building, it’s all drama. At least with Paul and Paulie the bickering is somewhat real (although I’m sure it is encouraged by the producers).

Boyd Coddington used to be a highly respected rod builder and his cars always draw big press, audiences and $$$. After watching this show and the bumbling fools on it I wouldn’t let them work on a skateboard let alone a high dollar rod! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Playn 12-04-2004 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh

Boyd Coddington used to be a highly respected rod builder and his cars always draw big press, audiences and $$$. After watching this show and the bumbling fools on it I wouldn’t let them work on a skateboard let alone a high dollar rod! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think that is the thought of alot of people. I can't imagine that with the escapades that go on in that shop it could be that good of a selling tool for business. He certainly appears to have a different management style than I do.

BajaFresh 12-04-2004 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Playn
I think that is the thought of alot of people. I can't imagine that with the escapades that go on in that shop it could be that good of a selling tool for business. He certainly appears to have a different management style than I do.

I'm trying to figure out why he is doing this show. I could understand a no-name or beginning shop owner wanting to do a show like this to get the noteriaty and the $$ from the show ala OCC but Coddington doesn't need it. Not the noteriety anyway. I think his business skills aren't the best and maybe he is doing it just for the $$ figuring he'll milk it for all its worth and when its run is up he will go back to building cars in his "real" shop.

open87 12-04-2004 08:47 AM

i would not want to spend big coins on something that is rushed , there is no way that as fast as they do the body work and paint that it doesn't soak up like a sponge in a few weeks. i think the only good show is dream car garage.

although boyd does employ handicapped people which is good hearted , all the bs needs to go.

Stillcrazy 12-04-2004 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
As a long time hot rodder (see my avatar) I was very excited when this show came on. But after watching a couple episodes I got so turned off by all the B/S drama that I don't watch anymore.

Hey Baja Fresh,
I agree. It waas almost painfull to watch and as a builder of high dollar custom boats couldn't understand someone letting the show ruin their reputation. UNLESS that really depicts how his shop is run.....Nah I don't think so.
I did write him when the show first starrted and warned him how he was being depicted and in uor shop none of that BS would be tolerated. It's a wonder that OSHA hasn't shut him down for the horseplay and violatons shown. Boyd should also throw away what ever Management manual he is using. It's very transparent.
Walt

BajaFresh 12-04-2004 09:08 AM

Yeah, I liked him better back when he was a fat guy! :eek: :D