Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Active Thunder Cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91734-active-thunder-cats.html)

KNOT-RIGHT 12-05-2004 07:30 AM

Re: Active Thunder Cats

Originally Posted by puder
one more though. Does it have an interior? Any upholstery? if so and its in decent shape 20k would be reasonable.

If it needs an interior I stand by my previous comments.

I agree Puder on the #,s. It does have an Interior that is intact. Thats all its got.
No cockpit. I would like to keep this. Resale dosnt bother me.
Like Express39 said theres gonna be hidden expenses. Having the parts boat
is half the battle.

I just got a lead on someone who knows the hull from another member.
Will give him a call.

Gerry

The Menace 12-05-2004 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by caveman
My opinion is with the 1000HP and the Arnesons I have available it could be worth
the time and money.

At the end of the day, all it will be worth are the engines and arnesons.

The Menace 12-05-2004 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by caveman
I agree Puder on the #,s. It does have an Interior that is intact. Thats all its got.
Gerry

No cockpit interior is LARGE $$. Not parts but Labor. Especially on the rear bench.

Labor, labor, labor = $$$$, $$$$, $$$$, :(

TopSpin80 12-05-2004 09:09 AM

We want to rig a hull with experimental power.... and experimental drives.... now that I'm thinking about it ..... and experimental hull that no one really knows numbers on doesn't make sense..... by the way..... 65k seems way high.... I was like everyone else.... thinkng closer to under 20k.... well there are some hulls offered by luck strike in the jaguar thread.... they are not for sale, but LS says the owner is interested in selling them just not serious yet..... maybe they are an option for you also....

Ernie

Edward R. Cozzi 12-05-2004 09:10 AM

Could this be a Bob Oetringer creation from the West coast of Florida? I think he bought the Active cat molds years ago when he was in Chicago.

Just a thought.

Ed 12-05-2004 09:53 AM

Many, many years ago...I bought a new 30' Chris*Cat hull only, and glassed on a flat top deck. Had custom fabricated aluminum perimeter bench seating with backrest railing installed with a nice aluminum swing gate at the center bow, for boarding. Bolted on a pair of new Merc 200's on brackets, hydraulic steering, etc. Installed & rigged a nice center-console with a large front jump-seat cooler set-up. Ran about 70 empty. Was perfect for it's intended use in the islands as a people mover/party barge. No offense but, I could see something comparable happen to that cat hull. Just my .02...Ed

KNOT-RIGHT 12-05-2004 05:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I justed checked out your project. Nice. The labor of Love for sure.
This would be my third project. One of the steps I cannot complete is interior.
Cushings Foam And seweing aint my bag.
My last interior set me back $5000.00 that included
rear bench seat and sunpad as well as refurbishing bolsters. It was 80% custom built.
However Paint work, Glass work, rigging, Gauges, Electrical. I love it. Im figuring
year maybe two. Gives me something to do.

Heres some shots of the last project.

Took us a Month to Spray and prep.

KNOT-RIGHT 12-05-2004 06:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Its all about Time. This cost me around 2000.00 in paint and materials.
Cant count the hours. There Free :D

One week of wet sand and buffing!

TwoKs 12-05-2004 08:24 PM

Your last project looks great!! Thats not what your trading with cash for the tunnel is it? If so I would rethink the cash part. Knock him down as much as you can. I can see your more than able to do the project. One thing I would check is the fuel tanks. If they are in bad shape and under the floor that project could be alot bigger. Good luck with it. It will look great when it's done. My personal thought is the tunnel is worth about 15,000 to 20,000 without a trade providing tanks and interior is good to fair. meaning if the seat frams are shot than you can't reupholster them and you don't have to cut the floor out to change the tanks.Kool project though

JPD Motorsports 12-05-2004 08:38 PM

dang caveman nice looking pain job there. if you have the heart and will power to do it go for it, just besure to get a good price on the hull first.