Notices

Don Aronow Memorial

Old 12-05-2004, 08:14 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Don Aronow Memorial

No. Chicago and then Elmhurst, Illinois. Ft. Lauderdale since 1979.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I am not mistaken OSO spent part of it's humble beginnings there as well. If you think that because certain illegal activities took place there and Arronow may or may not have participated in them, that in and of itself that is grounds for no memorial plaque for all the GOOD that took place, then you my friend are an eternal PESSIMIST!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

close enough....
Old 12-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

When you turn on to 188th St. Ft. Apache is gone and there is a parking building and condo buildings. Magnum is still there, but it looks like Hi-Lift Marina is using their parking lot to store some of their inventory. There is a median with palm trees, a storage rental building, an elementary school down at the end towards where Tempest was. It's all new and beautiful, but sad in a way. TNT was the last of the hold-outs, but even they are gone to Spinnaker now. The buildings where Craig Barrie and Scott Smith worked for years are going down if not already. The site where Bobby Saccenti designed and built his Apaches...gone. There is nothing to mark or commemorate the great achievements made on this street for so many decades. I found it depressing and I'm not that sentimental of a guy!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone here did start to try and do something about a memorial, but I don't remember who it was, or what happened with it.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

cashbrain and spitfire 1 spoke to the town board.they must still be reviewing the memorial.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rainmn
Someone here did start to try and do something about a memorial, but I don't remember who it was, or what happened with it.
That would have been myself, Cashbrain and Bobby......we also enlisted the help of Sean....but to be honest with you.....it seemed like there were more people on this site interested in why Ben Kramer should be freed than those willing to sign a petition to take to the city of Aventura to get the thing off the ground....pretty pathetic....I personally spent a fair amount of time going down to City hall, contacting a few commissioners by phone, as well as talking with Michael Aronow and Jeffrey Rotengen, the author who did books on ChrisCraft..... Bertram ...as well as working with Micheal on his last book....but quickly got disillusioned when we couldnt even come up with more than thirty or so signatures on a petition through several support threads posted here.....and to be honest with you after speaking with Michael about getting the effort started, who was very excited about it I might add...I was embarassed to call him back...He does not post on this site for good reason....and like I said before, I dont blame him........Many of you here will remember the **** storm that ensued with that POS Free Ben Kramer thread....if anyone wants to know where we got with the whole thing....feel free to contact myself or Bobby....or Jack on the other website........Rich

Last edited by Spitfire1; 12-07-2004 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Registered

Found one of the old posts from last January:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69854
Old 12-06-2004, 06:39 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Unhappy Re: Don Aronow Memorial

Originally Posted by McGary911
Found one of the old posts from last January:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=69854
Guys:
I swear I thought of this on my own after seeing what the city of Aventura has done to 188th St. I'm sorry this effort failed before as I certainly would have supported it then too.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:55 PM
Registered

Well, let`s get the band back together and try it again. It`s certainly something worth the effort.

Quick Reply: Don Aronow Memorial

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.