Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WTF? Quote from Boat U.S. Trailering Mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91866-wtf-quote-boat-u-s-trailering-mag.html)

Dave M 12-06-2004 02:33 PM

WTF? Quote from Boat U.S. Trailering Mag

This quote is from this months Boat U.S. Trailering Magazine talking about trim tabs.

"performance boats (also called Cigarette boats as well as a variety of colorful adjectives) require sport tabs."

Do other boaters really have issues with "Performance boats"? Except for the noise, I don't feel I give other boaters reason for any negative thoughts.

PhantomChaos 12-06-2004 02:35 PM

Re: WTF? Quote from Boat U.S. Trailering Mag

Doens't sound negative to me!

MitchStellin 12-06-2004 03:05 PM

I think the "other colorful adjectives" would have to be a slam. What is a sport tab?

thisistank 12-06-2004 03:57 PM

It must be "Sail Boat Trailer Magazine"!!!! :D :D

Waterfoul 12-06-2004 03:58 PM

So even a boat magazine want's to lump all performance boats into the "cigarette boat" catagory? Nice.... :confused:

thisistank 12-06-2004 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
So even a boat magazine want's to lump all performance boats into the "cigarette boat" catagory? Nice.... :confused:

Dude, consider the source...."Boat U.S. Trailering Mag." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sean H 12-06-2004 04:05 PM

isn't that one of them cigar boats?

Waterfoul 12-06-2004 04:06 PM

I used to work at Boat U.S. I never lumped performance boats into one category!! LOL!!! Guess they need a new editor... hmmmm.... job opportunity! I have a minor in English, think they would consider me for the job??

Dave M 12-06-2004 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Dude, consider the source...."Boat U.S. Trailering Mag." :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boat U.S. claims to be looking out for the better interests of ALL boaters. I would have to say that the majority of Performance boats are trailered.

thisistank 12-06-2004 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
I used to work at Boat U.S. I never lumped performance boats into one category!! LOL!!! Guess they need a new editor... hmmmm.... job opportunity! I have a minor in English, think they would consider me for the job??

I hope so!! You could screen stupid a$$ comments like that one!! :eek: :D