Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Custom painted bling bling motors...? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/91932-custom-painted-bling-bling-motors.html)

Back4More 12-08-2004 09:46 AM

Re: Custom painted bling bling motors...?

Yeah, I agree that the bilge needs a shiny new coat of white...but that is'nt going to happen till the motors have to come out.
Nice neon touch!
Thanks for the input guys...and nice pics.
Keep em comin. :cool:

Zanie 12-08-2004 11:08 AM

Just to help out, I surely don't want to be throwing stones while living in a glass house!
but since you asked.....
A few other things:
You need to do something with the nasty looking drive oil reservoir (I think there are some aftermarket fancy ones if you want to drop the coin).
Braided hoses on your valve cover breathers.
Change your pulley bolts and the blower front cover bolts to stainless.
Paint your coils to match whatever you do to the valve cover and flame arrestor ,or wrap the coils in polished stainless.
Mount your shifter plates on the transom.
Dan

Back4More 12-08-2004 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zanie

BTW, I know you are running the IMCO boxes and 2 inch shorter lowers, do you happen to know what your prop centerline depth is? Or your X dimension?
Thanks,
Dan

I will look up the X again on the test report.
Good input on the motor dolly too...I like your honesty :eureka:

HiPerf2000 12-08-2004 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Friends 35 Fountain

KNOT-RIGHT 12-08-2004 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I used the same paint codes to do the engines as on the boat.
The Blocks are finished in Dupont Imron. The valve covers are finished in Base coat clear coat Nasson. The valve covers took a day to paint alone. I beleave KE has some pretty wild stuff.

Gerry

blownincome 12-08-2004 06:26 PM

Hey Fred - Are you sending a pair of those up with my gauges???? Any design with blue in it will do - thanks! :D

Back4More 12-13-2004 11:24 AM

Any more pics? Something you might have seen and liked?

SeaRay Jim 12-13-2004 06:52 PM

Anyone have pictures of a BB with all the Merc stuff including serp. belt etc. in something other than Black that looks good. I was thinking about blue, but all the "stuff" will cover most of the motor and I think adding color to just the intake won't look quite right.

Right now it's going to be natural aluminum/clear powder coated valve covers and intake, polished air cleaner (large oval) and Stainless Marine headers. Pretty much all polished/natural alum or SS from the top and black block and heads, which isn't bad. I can't think of anything else without ditching all the Merc stuff and/or major paint and/or powder coating of everything.

RollWithIt 12-13-2004 06:58 PM

I'd be ashamed to post pics of my factory painted merc after seeing some of these. Nice motors guys.

HotPursuit 12-13-2004 07:49 PM

Stainless braid hoses and match up the paint on the exhaust.Looks great this
would increase that custom look.