Notices

Now I'm mad.

Old 12-08-2004, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Re: Now I'm mad.

About ten years ago I had an employee who was a Jehovah's Witness. He could not celebrate Christmas. Or his birthday, or anybody's birthday.

We pass around birthday cards on people's birthday. He wouldn't sign them.
On his birthday, he wouldn't accept the card.

When our Christmas party came around, he said that he couldn't attend. He said that he could attend if we called it a Winter Celebration.

We had a Christmas Party without him.

No big deal. He had his beliefs. We had ours. We didn't interfere with his. He didn't interfere with ours.

Sounds like plenty of people don't want to go to a parade where Christmas music will be played. So stay home.

How the f the offended minority gets the right to dictate the agenda is beyond me.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Re: Now I'm mad.

Originally Posted by mcollinstn

How the f the offended minority gets the right to dictate the agenda is beyond me.

I don't get it either!
Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Registered

its sooooooo whacked,, they take god bless america out they take the pledge out , now santa?? this freakin chit, its gone way tooo far,,
i think these nccp or whatever organizations are from a differnt planet..
the only issue with public schools we have had is couple yrs ago when they had our kids for 2 weeks doing a muslim simulation,, dress in freakin table cloths, whacked replacmnt names, recite the coran, they even got points for everything they did and wore, even for a gihad they got points ,, this was right after 9/11,, we put a freakin stop to that,, this is USA.. what the f is that ****, maybe it would be an ok thing if they did all religions but just this,, ah ah,, no way,.
but u cant say merry christmas..????
we all came from somewhere else, freakin conform learn the language, and blend into society,
maybe i am too americanized but i came here for what it was and is,, not to change it,,
read the back of the allmighty dollar the worlds main currency..
in god we trust. whether u do or not who cares, it is what it is,..
Old 12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
BK
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think what is the most sad thing is that too many people are letting outsiders raise thier kids, instead of raising them themselves. I mean, if not singing Christmas carols at school is going to ruin their children's Christmas spirit, then it seems something is really lacking at home. Either that, or the parents never really give a rats behind, but turn out to gripe just because they think they are losing something.

Personally, I don't even care what music is playing, as long as the kids are happy. My son's cello concert the other night was just as wonderful without picking it apart and dissecting whether the music was from "MY" religion or not. Wouldn't that have been the real tragedy?

The kids never mentioned being upset about the song selections - they were happy to perform for us, and we were happy to watch. And if you really are in the spirit of giving, then you'd be happy that the non-Christian musicians from Pakistan and India were able to enjoy it just as much as you did. Come on peeps - come back down to earth. Love one another and let it go.

If you are upset that cheer is missing this holiday, then there's only one thing to do - turn the frown into a smile and start spreading it around.

Here's one way to really get in the true Christmas spirit - the act of giving and caring for each other (which really is the whole point of celebrating Christmas anyway) --- A holiday song is nice, but if you really want to make your heart swell - go to http://www.anysoldier.com. My boys and I spent the weekend packing two CARE packages for two complete strangers stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan, who will most likely NOT get anything from home this holiday. www.anysoldier.com gives addresses of "contact soldiers" who will make sure a serviceman or servicewoman who is down in the dumps and needs a morale boost gets your package or letter.

"GIVING" always feels so much better than "TAKING", no matter who you are.
www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by BK; 12-08-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah thats pretty rediculis, at first it was the Pledge of Allegance, and now its a Christmas parade.

I actually go to a private school and basically we havent had any issues with anything religion related. We say the pledge every morning and if you dont want to stay it you dont have to. It should also be this way for the Christmas parade, I know a few individuals take pride in the band and Christmas and would like to be able to get in the spirit, so they should be able to sing/play the songs if they would like.

Does anyone agree with me?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Registered

Secularist's's. Don't like anything to do with Christianity because it doesn't
fit their master plan. It's mainly a liberal agenda. To bad our government
is allowing the minority to dictate what we can and can't say or do. Hell,
Bloomberg calls the N.Y.C. Christmas tree "A holiday tree". What a load of
crap. Candyass politicians sucking up for the all mighty vote." Don't want
to offend anyone." I might not get their vote." I think its gonna backfire
on them. Americans still have values. Middle America is gonna tell them
to kiss MY A$$. O' Yea,their also gonna say screw you Democrats and your
redistribution of wealth $hit you've been spewing for years. Let the lowlifes
work for their money like everyone else. I think most of this country isn't
looking for the lefty handouts. If you worked for it,earned it,you should be
able to keep some of it..........Whew, I'm exhausted.........
Old 12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't agree with all of you more and just wanted to say GOD BLESS AMERICA AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
BK
Registered

In case you didn't know....

Some of the Salvation Army bell ringers are making as much as $8.50 per hour. There are some volunteers, but many are being paid by the hour. I choose instead to donate to the charitable organizations that are run mostly by volunteers (local food banks, St. Vincent de Paul society, church soup kitchens etc) so that a larger portion of my donation goes to those who need it most.

I have always felt it was unfair that the Salvation Army got first dibs at all the store fronts, while the other organizations just as important (who were also working for less rewards) were told to stay away. I don't blame Target at all for their decision.

http://www.abqjournal.com/north/2676...ws12-07-04.htm

Last edited by BK; 12-08-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS

Does anyone agree with me?
I'm with you. live and let live. Dont tell me how to live and I wont tell you how to live.
Old 12-08-2004, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by epeek
Secularist's's. Don't like anything to do with Christianity because it doesn't
fit their master plan. It's mainly a liberal agenda. To bad our government
is allowing the minority to dictate what we can and can't say or do. Hell,
Bloomberg calls the N.Y.C. Christmas tree "A holiday tree". What a load of
crap. Candyass politicians sucking up for the all mighty vote." Don't want
to offend anyone." I might not get their vote." I think its gonna backfire
on them. Americans still have values. Middle America is gonna tell them
to kiss MY A$$. O' Yea,their also gonna say screw you Democrats and your
redistribution of wealth $hit you've been spewing for years. Let the lowlifes
work for their money like everyone else. I think most of this country isn't
looking for the lefty handouts. If you worked for it,earned it,you should be
able to keep some of it..........Whew, I'm exhausted.........
amen god bless and merry x mas!!!
thats well said!!!

Quick Reply: Now I'm mad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.